Chapter Nine - First Date

Start from the beginning

"Why are you going on this date Lola?" Ace asked, Lily felt his breath brush gently against her neck. 

"I..." Lily is unable to give an answer. The only thing traveling through her mind was how much she wanted to kiss Ace, how much she longed for his touch, how handsome he looked even without sleep and stubble on his face, how much she missed falling asleep next to him. 

"You." Ace prompts. 

"Have to go." Lily manages to finish. Her voice so soft that Ace has to force his smile back. Ace was glad of the affect he had on her, she was so smart and sweet yet he had just observed her practically melt without a single touch. It was fantastic for him, it meant he still had a chance. 

"Have a nice night Lolz." Ace smiles, moving away from her. 

"Thanks." Lily replies, she rushes away, almost tripping on her way down the stairs as her legs attempt to go back to their solid state. 

Once making it down the stairs safely Lily is greeted by Ethan, her date, who smiles sweetly at her. But some how it doesn't have quite the affect he wanted it to have. Lily smiled back at him and placed a kiss on his cheek. 

"Ready to go?" Ethan smiles. 

"Of course." Lily replies. They walk together to Ethan's car and they drive together listening to the music that softly plays in the background. Neither talk, Lily was far too caught up on her encounter with Ace and Ethan was far too nervous about their date. 

They arrive at the restaurant and Ethan opens the car door for Lily. She smiles at him to say thank you and they walked hand in hand into the building. The first thing Lily notices is the fairy lights that lit up the room and the table in the middle of the dining room which held a lit candle on top. Together they walked hand in hand and sat down, Ethan pulling Lily's chair for her. 

"This is beautiful." Lily comments, of course it was an amazing sight but it felt like too much for her. She felt out of place in the beautiful place. It reminded her that she would be with someone who went frequently to these high end places and she's reminded of her background that didn't hold any beauty like that sight she was seeing now. 

"It's all for you Lilz." Ethan smiles, Lily smiled back wondering what she did to deserve such effort. It felt unnatural to be there but she ignored it and enjoyed her evening. The waitress comes over, shamelessly flirting with Ethan who shamelessly flirts back. Lily sits there feeling even more out of place but says nothing and again she's reminded of how much she's changed. While the two flirt she wonders what it would be like to go on a date with Ace but banishes the thought. It wasn't the time. It was wrong. Eventually the waitress leaves and again Lily has Ethan's attention.

"How did you come up with this?" Lily questions, taking a sip of her wine that had been brought by the waitress. 

"Google." Ethan blushes, he felt ashamed of how he couldn't come up with an idea for the date with the girl he had been crushing on for years. "I googled the perfect date and this was what it suggested." The room filled with an awkward silence and the waitress returned, bringing with her the pairs food. Ethan and the waitress flirted a little more before the waitress left. When she finally did Lily started eating the amazing meal that she should've enjoyed and would've if it wasn't for Ethan's stare on her the whole time they ate. 

"I'm expanding the bakery." Lily confessed, she couldn't bear the awkward silence any longer. 

"When did you decide this?" Ethan asked, anger flaring inside him. He expected Lily to talk to him before making big decisions like this, she could draw attention to herself. 

"About a month ago." Lily shrugged. 

"You didn't tell me." Ethan said, clenching his jaw. 

"No." Lily replied. 

"Why?" Ethan demanded. 

"I don't have to tell you any time I made a decision about my business." Lily growled, anger filling her. She didn't understand Ethan's new anger. It was her business, and therefore her choice. 

"Yes you do." Ethan decided. Lily just shock her head. 

"This was a mistake." Lily announced, standing up from her chair. 

"Sit." Ethan demanded, standing up and taking a threatening step towards her. Out of fear she sat down and directed her eyes towards the table. "Good girl." He praised, sitting down himself. "Now Lily, as much as I've loved this date we're going to start again and this time your going to be a much better companion. Do I make myself clear?" Ethan questioned, his voice dangerous. 

"Okay." Lily stuttered. Ethan smirked and they went on with their night, Lily following Ethan's every command. When they got home at about 1 am Lily rushes to her room and allows tears to fall freely. A sick part of Ethan enjoyed hearing Lily's muffled cries but the soft side of him felt guilty. But he wouldn't apologize. He finally got what he wanted. His beautiful Lily on his arm, listening to his every command and he would do anything to keep it that way.