Chapter Nine - First Date

It had been a week since Ethan had asked Lily on a date. They had gotten closer, Ethan showed Lily more of the affection he had been bottling up since he had first gotten his feelings. The hugs, hand holding and the occasionally kiss on the cheek. Lily had gotten used to his sweet actions, but apart of her didn't wasn't completely whole. It didn't feel right. Apart of her would watch Ace's actions. Of course Ace acted like he was fine, but he couldn't hide the twitch of his eye when he saw the two together, of the way his fists clenched when he watched Lily laugh at something Ethan had said. So instead of being around the two he threw himself into finding out who was behind the break in at the studio. He had gotten no closer due to his wondering mind. Every time he thought of the two together he felt a clench in his heart, it happened so often he soon got used to the ache in his chest. 

Now it was the night of the date. Ethan had spent all day planning what he thought would be the perfect date. He booked out the whole of a fancy restaurant for their meal, there they would talk about anything and everything. After their meal he would take her to the cinema where they would watch whatever movie she wanted. Lily would be allowed to get whatever snacks she wanted and of course Ethan hoped they would share their first kiss before going home. 

"What should I wear?" Lily asked Ethan for what felt like the 1000th time. 

"I'll get April to plan your outfit." Ethan smirks in response. 

"Okay." Lily pouts. "What time do I need to be ready for?" 

"8 pm." Ethan replies, wrapping his arms around Lily in a way that seemed romantic but only pushed Lily to think a little more about Ace who was nowhere in sight of the couple. Lily missed Ace, they hadn't gotten to spend any time alone together in so long that it made Lily almost forget his wicked smirk and bright eyes when he laughed. Lily wouldn't admit this to herself. How could she? She was with Ethan now. 

"Sounds great Eth." Lily smiled, her smile brightened when Ethan placed a soft kiss on her cheek. 

It was three hours later when April dragged Lily up the stairs to her bedroom. Lily followed April's commands and got dressed in what she had decided. Lily's dress was black and stopped just above her knee, it was almost like a second skin. April completed Lily's outfit with a gold necklace and bracelet that complimented the outfit well. April then did Lily's make up with natural colors that complimented her skin and made her eyes stand out. By the time April had finished getting Lily ready she looked like a supermodel. 

"Wow." Lily spoke, no longer recognizing herself in the mirror. 

"I know, I'm magic with a brush." April smirked, flipping her hair over her shoulder. 

"Thank you A." Lily smiled, hugging her best friend. April was so excited for her best friends date but she couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed that Ethan was the one taking her out. April felt as if this wasn't right, she was routing for Ace and Lily. But she was still more then willing to help make her best friends night a magical night to remember. 

"Your welcome Lol." April smiled, after a week she still hadn't gotten used to Lily's new name and she didn't want to. "Now go!" April pushes Lily towards the door and she smiles and walked down the hallway a little, she's almost at the stairs when she stopped. 

"So tonight's the night." Ace asked, his voice sounding weak for the first time in a long time. 

"Yes." Lily replied, her breath hitching when she catches sight of the sleep deprived Ace. 

"You look gorgeous." Ace states, walking closer to Lily who slowly takes steps back until her back hits the wall. 

"Thank you." Lily mumbles, Ace was now close enough for her to smell his natural musty cent which made Lily weak at the knees and her brain slowly stop working.