20. Tahseen's Birthday Party

So you're a tough guy
Like it really rough guy
Just can't get enough guy
Chest always so puffed guy
I'm that bad type
Make your mama sad type
Make your girlfriend mad tight
Might seduce your dad type
I'm the bad guy, duh

After Taahir officially invited Tahera, the news spread like wildfire. It eventually reached Rahman Couple's ears.

Mrs. Haseena was particularly severe with her reproach. Taahir explained patiently, "She did nothing wrong during our marriage and she is after all Tahseen's mom."

"I know but what will Rosa think if she sees her at the party?"

"This is Rosa's idea. She called me on her own initiative to ask me to invite Tahera."

Mrs. Haseena was taken aback. But her thoughts quickly came around. Rosa's magnanimity and altruism must have compelled her to invite Tahera. The girl has a heart of gold , Mrs. Haseena concluded happily in her heart.

However, she was still afraid the unpresentable Tahera would disgrace the Rahman Family name. But then, she was no longer a part of the Family, she would only bring utter disgrace upon herself!

Almost everyone who heard the news thought the same way. Tahera's experience at the party would be marred by ignominy.

Many of them were Rosa's families and friends, they were giddy for the show tomorrow. Tahera's ultimate humiliation would be good entertainment.

Needless to say, the most excited of all was Rosa Khan. The image in her mind where she, standing on her pedestal, looked down on Tahera was about to come true. She would let her understand the meaning of shame.

Every time she thought about it, she couldn't help but laugh. She thanked God for bringing Tahera into her life. How mundane and mirthless her life would be without the clown, Tahera, to stomp on and make fun of? Every queen in her court needs her jester and she thanked her lucky stars she had found one.

Bearing Rosa's full expectation, Tahseen's birthday finally arrived. It was held at City's biggest hotel. "Six Seasons Hotel". The whole hotel was booked for the occasion.

The party started at noon and lasted until midnight. The ballroom decoration managed to achieve the equilibrium of luxury and innocence. This was because the guest list included both adults and children.

With the presence of children, the party was a lot merrier and more relaxed. Donning her best dress, Rosa socialized with the guests like she was the hostess.

Everyone present knew of her engagement to Taahir so they fought to curry her favor. Rosa flourished under all the attention, even her footsteps carried wind. She assumed the role of the hostess naturally as if she had already married Taahir.

Scanning the ballroom, she was indeed the one who shone the brightest. Her smile was like a diamond, dazzling to the eyes...

But she hadn't had enough, she was waiting for Tahera to arrive. The contrast would further enhance her superiority.

As she prepared to get someone to look for Tahera's arrival, Riya, in a floor-length bodiced gown, sauntered over.

"Ms. Khan, congratulations," Riya offered genially as she raised her glass at Rosa, "I've heard of your upcoming nuptial to Mr. Rahman. It's Tahseen's greatest honor to have a woman of your caliber as his stepmother."

Rosa recognized Riya, she knew this was Tahera's sister. But she also knew, Riya and Tahera were like water and oil. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.