~

Opening the grand doors to mess hall, you were met by the familiar smell of the usual porridge they serve at breakfast time. At the table furthest in the room to the right, you spotted Hange and Moblit accompanied by Miche and Nanaba, eating breakfast at one of the tables reserved for veteran soldiers. You hurried over after grabbing a bowl of porridge, eager to start the day.

"Y/N! Take a seat!", Hange exclaimed, noticing you moving towards them. You had been sitting at the veteran table up until now, naturally so since these were the only people you knew. However, you reckon you will have to change between tables from now on, since your friends are here. You took a seat beside Miche, sitting across from Hange and Moblit. Miche ruffled you hair as you seated yourself.

"Morning Snorty", he greeted you, going back to his food. He as well as Nanaba and Gelgar had started calling you Snorty, seeing you seem to snort a lot more than usual when you're with them, but they were simply too funny to be around so you couldn't really help it. You crinkled your nose at the nickname, rolling your eyes with a smile.

"Morning". You started taking spoonful's of porridge in your mouth, eventually looking up at Hange. "Hey Hange, I don't really have anything to do today. Do you need help with anything?", you asked, hoping she'd have something up her sleeve, like she always does. Her face lit up in a smile.

"YES! Of course Y/N, I'm always grateful for an extra set of hands!", she said excited, Moblit moving his attention from his notebook over to her.

"You're not going to feed her to a titan to demonstrate their lack of digestive system to her, are you?", a voice asked sarcastically from behind you. You turned to see Levi standing a couple of steps away from your table with his hands crossed. Hange laughed.

"Oh shorty, that sure would be an effective demonstration of their anatomy, but I'd rather our dear Y/N not get sacrificed in the name of science", she said with a wink. You huffed, finding it amusing whenever Levi decided to crack a little dark joke, even though it was on your expence. "No, me and Moblit are going to travel to Wall Rose and observe some of the titans roaming around from the top of the wall. You could always come with us to improve your noting skills", Hange offered.

"Yeah, I'd love to!", you agreed with a smile. The two of them smiled at you.

"Then I'm coming with", Levi suddenly stated, and you turned to him confused. You thought he would have something better to do on his spare time. "She's my responsibility as a member of my squad, and I don't trust her with you when you are in one of your titan-moods", he continued stating, looking at Hange. You couldn't shake away the feeling that there was something more to it than just you being his responsibility, but you decided not to push it.

"Sure, if that's what you want to do, I won't stop you", Hange answered him, getting up from the table, Moblit doing the same. "But I can't promise it will be an eventful day for you, shorty", she continued smugly. Levi rolled his eyes. "Well, we leave in an hour. Meet us by the flag post, all saddled up and ready to go. Don't forget your gear", Hange informed you heading for the exit, and you nodded. Levi had left already left, leaving you alone with Miche and Nanaba. You quickly finished your meal and talked some more with the two of them before you left to get ready for today's little excursion.

~

All settled and ready on your horses, you and Levi waited for Hange and Moblit by the flag post.

"I swear, she can never be on time", Levi muttered annoyed. You giggled a bit, enjoying the sunny weather. You could see the training grounds from there, spotting your friends and the other trainees working their asses off. They looked absolutely exhausted, and you felt bad thinking about how many hours they had left of this. To be fair, that was you a week ago. You didn't get any special treatment just because you became a member early.