Chapter 1

Mallori's POV

"That's it, this is the last one!" I say as I plop the box onto the bed in my new dorm room.

"I'm so glad you're moving out of the house," my brother Mason says, "Momma said I can turn your room into a gaming room!"

I look behind him to my mother who gives me the 'no way that's ever gonna happen' look. I laugh and mess up Mason's hair, "Ok bud, whatever you say. I'm gonna miss you," I hug him. I am gonna miss my brother. I pick fun at him a lot, but he's my brother. I love him.

"Your daddy's gonna come down here later and make sure you're all settled in. You've got your meal card right?" My mom asks, running through her mental list of to-do's to make sure I'm all set.

I can't blame her, it must be hard to watch your daughter go off to college. Even if your husband is the dean of the school.

"I do!" I hold it up, "I'll be alright momma, I promise."

She pulls me into a tight hug, "Don't get into any trouble alright? Your daddy said that some boys already got caught for spray painting the sides of one of the buildings."

I shake my head. I don't understand how people can be so ignorant as to get in trouble on the first day of college. That's like labeling yourself as a troublemaker.

"I won't momma, I promise. Ill focus on my school work and everything. Now my roommate's gonna be here any second, leaaaavvvee!" I giggle.

"Alright, alright! We'll see you at Christmas! We love you MalMe," my mother waves and so does Mason. I smile and wave back as they close the door.

It feels weird to be on my own, but I like it. I've waited for this day for years, I can't believe it's finally here. I take out my acceptance letter to make sure it's real. I was actually accepted into the University of Ohio to study veterinarian practices. I'm so happy.

I stand up as the door opens. "You must be my roommate!"

A short girl with brown hair and blue eyes walks through the door. Well, she's taller than me, but in comparison to everyone else, I guess you could say she's short. "I'm Maddie!"

"Mallori!" I say and open my arms for a hug. She runs into them and we jump up and down.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited to be here!" She explains. I laugh and nod.

"Don't even worry about it! I'm excited too! What are you studying?" I ask, sitting back down on my bed.

"Music education! And you?" She asks, setting some boxes down on her bed. I can tell that we're gonna be good friends already.

"Veterinarian studies!" I say, "This is gonna be so much fun! Wanna go grab some dinner?"

She nods, "Thank God you asked, I didn't wanna go alone! I'm terrified I'll get lost! It would've been even worse if I had to go alone, because it's dark!"

I laugh, "Well let's go then!" I open the door and start to venture to the cafe. "We won't get lost, I know this campus like the back of my hand!"

"Did you get here early and walk around and stuff? Darn, I should've done that that's a good idea!" She says.

"No," I laugh, "I grew up on this campus. My dad is Dean Smith!" I explain.

"Oh, that makes more sense! Well, I'm glad I have you as a roommate then!" She says, hugging me.

"I'm glad I have you as a roommate too-" I'm cut off as I bump into someone.

"Mate watch where you're-" the blonde boy turns to look at me, his eyes widening. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I thought you were my friend Zayn, he's supposed to be bringing me more spray paint!"

He must've noticed how my face changed, because he immediately started back pedaling.

"I mean, to work on my...art project?" He says, probably praying I won't call his bluff.

"Why would you vandalize school property?!" I shout. I always get fired up about this stuff. My dad works too hard to try and keep this place running for people to ruin it. "What are you gonna spray paint curse words on it or something?!"

Before he can speak, I start to walk away. I don't even wanna hear how he justifies his vandalism. Maddie follows behind me. "Woah that was so punk rock," she laughs.

I blow out a puff of air and laugh with her, "Yeah I guess it was." I open the cafeteria doors for her and myself.

The smell of fresh bread almost knocks the image of the beautiful, yet mentally deranged, blonde boy from my mind.

{YAYAYAY SO THIS IS MY NALLORI FIC

Hello, I'm so glad you're reading this, I hope you enjoy the story and I love youuu

Ps. MALLORI THIS IS IT THIS IS WHAT I PROMISED TO WRITE FOR YOU I HOPE YOU LIKE IT ILY}