Chapter 5

Mallori's POV

I decided to give Niall a second chance simply because he asked for one. How can you deny someone a second chance when that's all they want?

He smiles so wide that I think his cheeks may fall off. He was really cute once you got passed his tough guy attitude.

"So where would you like to go for our meal?" Niall asks, hesitantly taking my hand, as if to ask if it was ok. I was a little uneasy about it, but I didn't want to make him think I hated him by pulling my hand away. So instead, I let him hold my hand.

"Hmm, I dunno! Maybe a burger place?" I smile, "FIVE GUYS!"

"That sounds amazing!" He laughs, "I love me a good burger. Personal trainer's gonna hate me for it, but I don't care he he he." He truly is about five years old.

I don't understand how someone this adorable and innocent can vandalize property on the regular.

"Well, Five Guys it is then!" I smile and start to lead him to the car that me and my dad share.

My family has two cars, one that stays with my mom and brother at the house, this is the one I used to drive, and one that stays with my father, and now I, at the college. We share it. There never seems to be any problems with who needs to use it at what time. I guess we're lucky that our schedules work like that.

Except for today, apparently.

I walk right up to the car as my father gets out. I forget that Niall's hand is in mine until I see my father's eyes fall to our connected hands.

"Mallori! What are you doing with him?!" He shouts. My father is normally very chill about me dating, but apparently this time he isn't.

And we're not even dating.

"Dad! It's not-"

"Did you know he's the one who ruined the new coat of paint on the West building?! Bet you didn't know that did you, Mallori?!" He continues. I still haven't taken my hand from Niall's. I don't think I want to.

"Well I did, but-"

"OH! So you knew! You knew that he was a-... a-... A TROUBLEMAKER!" He's getting angrier by the second. I don't know what I can do to stop it from happening either.

"He's not a troublemaker, dad! He's sweet and he asked if I could give him a second chance, so I did-"

"You're just gonna forgive him that easily?! Is this some kind of way to rebel against me and your mother?! You've been such a good daughter so far! I can't believe you would do this to us!" He yells.

"I'm not rebelling! I'm just-"

"I'm sorry, Mallori, but I have no choice other than to do this. I forbid you from speaking to this boy again."

This is where the trouble starts. I'm over 18, but I don't have enough courage to say no to him.

So I have to agree to a demand that I don't agree with.

{OOO IS SHE GONNA BREAK THE RULES I DUNNO

Thank you all for reading! Ily all so so much! This book is really fun to write!

Ps. MALLORI YOU LIL REBEL ARE YOU GONNA FOLLOW HIS RULE I DUNNO ILY}