year 10 | bonus chapter

Začít od začátku

it's because he asked that question once. to someone he loved. or was it the other way around? that someone he loved asked him that question once. then, just as quick as he remembered, jimin forgot once more.

"jimin." he looked up at them this time, eyes still deadpanned and mysterious as he met theirs. "is this about jungkook?"

he couldn't think about if that question was true or false. he couldn't think at all. everything feels so hazy but looks unexpectedly real, the two together making him feel dizzy.

"i don't think so. he's visiting his family in seo-"

bzzt bzzt.

3 new messages:
jungkook-ssi <3: you didn't forget i come back today, did you? you're not here :(
jungkook-ssi <3: taehyung and i are hanging out at my house. he said you were out doing "adult things" hahaha :')
jungkook-ssi <3: come back soon! i can't wait to  see you and shower you with my love. i love you ♡

yen glanced at the messages, then at jimin, whose eyes looked like they were brought back to life, as if they were previously close to death. it was strange, but it made yen smile. whatever jimin and jungkook have is something everyone wants. the type of love you never thought you would achieve, the type that makes you blissful and joyous and really in love.

they smile as they watch him, jimin feeling it, looking up with doe, bright eyes.

"so it's not about jungkook, i see." their light hearted joke caused jimin to breathily chuckle, sighing as if feeling content with himself and the world once again.

"i'm so sorry, yen. do you mind if-"

"go see your man, jimin. you clearly want to and he wants to see you too."

with a chuckle and a polite, friendly bow, he said, "until next time, then," and yen walked him to the door, waving as jimin headed towards his car with a small smile stretching his rejuvenated skin. yen stood in the doorway, eyes blank as jimin entered his car and paused for a second, as if he forgot to say something. he shook the thought away, acknowledging yen once more with a nod before he reverses and disappears from yen's view.

yen sat down once more, thinking about nothing. they took a sip of their tea, the faint smile painting their face once more. the idea of jimin being happy brought them warmth, it was the winter jacket to the cold air, the rose to their garden. yen feels fulfilled, at peace, that jimin will be happy, and to them, that's all that matters.

-

jimin stood in front of the door to his house frozen. he was excited to see jungkook after he was gone for a month, ecstatic even. genuinely, jimin missed him, still does technically, and is beyond thrilled to see the love of his life. so, he takes out his keys and puts one in the door, turning it, and pushes the door forward, locking it behind him.

he hears his laugh, can hear the smile in it, synching with taehyung's. it's a wonderful thing to come home to, the sound of euphoria at its finest. jimin takes of his shoes and walks towards the laughs, seeing jungkook and taehyung dancing to a just dance song. he stands against the wall, watching with a smile as they get the moves perfectly, but will get one wrong at least twice, yell in agony jokingly, and continue to dance as if nothing happened.

after the round ends, taehyung winning, they both turn to get some water. not hearing jimin come in over all the noise, they both screamed, causing jimin to giggle.

"oh. my. god." taehyung panted, resting a hand to the nearest wall and over his heart. "you literally gave me a heart attack."

"sorry, tae. i didn't want to ruin your chances of winning."

"so you thought i would lose?" jungkook asks jokingly, placing a hand over his heart in a hurt way, clenching his shirt, walking up to jimin with a smile. "i am offended, my love. i thought you saw me as number one in anything."

jimin stares at his eyes with a bright smile, pearl teeth showing, making jungkook want to have it stay like that forever. "i do, but sometimes i root for tae over you anyway."

"that's low, minnie," he says, his voice dropping an octave, face moving closer to his lover's. "that's low."

he kisses jungkook, cheekily smiling after, knowing jungkook wanted to kiss him first. he doesn't let his love complain, for he kisses him again and wraps his arms around his neck, hugging him ever so closely.

"i missed you," jimin whispers in the crook of his neck.

jungkook snakes his arms around his waist, pulling him impossibly closer. "i missed you too."

they heard a quiet sniff behind them. turning, they see the winner, looking like he lost the biggest game of his life, but smiling like he won. he tackled both of them into a tight hug, "i've missed both of you!" he cried. they all to laugh harmoniously.

"we've missed you too."

-
well, that's the end of sprinter! i hope you enjoyed it!

i know it was short, but wasn't it cute? i think the best stories are short and sweet, even if they have lots of plot holes :')

thank you to everyone who read this story. i'm so happy that i got to share this story with you all.

i love you so much <3