5- Royal Seas Ahead

Start from the beginning

        Maddox scoffed, "I find that highly unlikely, they haven't kept their eyes off of you since we left the woods in Austria where you were situated before the journey. They're surely taking their jobs seriously."

        I looked out of the window, smiling sadly as the green and brown blurs of the forests were passing by, "I guess."

        "Though, they don't seem to depressed about the mate situation back home. It's odd. They were so persistent in finding our future Luna," Arvel mentioned as I sighed.

        It may be because he is right underneath their noses all of the time, too frightened to come forward.

        "I know plenty on your kind, but could you remind me the significance of a Luna to a pack?" I asked the wolves before me.

        "Sure. A Luna is everything to a pack. She's the heart and soul. Though, there was an unorthodox case in a region not too far from our land that had a Luna as a male. Not saying that there is anything wrong with it, but some werewolves are heavily traditional in having a female Luna. It's simply something that always happens, well obviously not anymore. Whether it is a male or female, a Luna would have the same traits as the next Luna. The Alphas always have the protection, order, and structure of the pack to maintain and keep stable. Whereas, a Luna brings the happiness, love, and compassion into the mixture for a strong, unified pack. Respect is always given to the Luna, as it is returned as well. She or he holds the power to lead just as much as an Alpha. A Luna is forever treasured in a pack."

        After Maddox finished his explanation of the role of a Luna, happiness and warmth spread through my body as he constantly kept referring to the Luna as a female or a male. It represented that he, as a werewolf, respected the Luna position regardless of its gender.

        As Arvel drove the vehicle, he checked up on my quiet self in the rear-view mirror from time to time. I spoke to the both of them about their traditions, their mates and pups that were left back home, and other relevant topics. The love they had for their families were shown when they spoke of them so highly and passionately. Soon enough, we had arrived to a beach house the was close to the rocky waves of the Mediterranean Sea.

        "We've arrived! To be honest, I am excited to meet these merfolk, I've never met a mermaid or merman before. Can't wait to tell these stories to my pups," Maddox spoke in an excited tone.

        "Well, their appearances won't be any different than you and I. They attain human legs when they are on land. Very simple, if I must say."

        Their animated expressions faltered slightly when they exited the vehicle. When I stepped out of the car, I looked back and found the Alphas and Jasper stepping out of their car as well. I straightened out my clothes, as the smell of salt was in the air and sounds of the crashing waves soothed my tense composure. My Fae warriors were always two steps ahead of everyone and were waiting on the porch of the beach house.

        As I walked up the stairs of the average-looking beach house, the Fae warriors greeted me warmly, and they werewolves were behind me. I nodded in response and went to knock on the door, but before my fist connected the hard surface of the door, it was opened immediately. On the other side, were the King and Queen of the merfolk, with the same appearances that I had clearly remembered all those years ago. King Caspian and Queen Cara beamed at me from the inside of their home and ushered my entourage and I into their house.

        In the house, I was able to free my wings and fly around freely. Queen Cara noticed them and commented on the tremendous growth I have had since we had last seen each other.