5- Royal Seas Ahead

*Picture Reference: Beach house in Italy towards the end of the chapter.*

        **Quick Note: Sorry for the long wait on the update! Please comment your thoughts, comments make me smile. :) Thank you for reading!**

        Elian's POV

        "...My looks. I need to cover up my looks."

        I mentally glared at myself as I shook my head in a depressed notion. The confession obtained partial truth to it, sort of. Fairies do have a natural glow, almost like a halo, to the human eye. Without the concealing factor of a spell, they would be easily recognized for the odd appearance if they were ever in the human realm. Though, there were alternative ways to cover up the natural glow without draining yourself of energy. There were materialistic things like powder or other non-magical spells.

        The Alphas before me seemed completely confused.

        "Wait, what?" Kaspar asked before glancing at Kasey warily.

        I shyly nodded and explained the natural glow to the pair of Alphas and they were about to buy the lie before they realized something that I had feared they would notice.

        "Eli, none of your Fae warriors are drained of energy. And I doubt all of them use this powder, I could easily ask each of them. Enough with the lies," Kasey obviously stated.

        "You dare question my honesty? Go ahead and ask my people, by all means. I already explained the deprivation of energy that I am experiencing, you don't have to care about my well-being, just my protection."

        My insides felt as if they were trying to crawl out of me, the lies I was spewing out left my feeling guilty and shameful. This would leave a rift in our relationship but I couldn't jeopardize the realization of the pull of mates.

        "As you wish, Lord Elian. Your protection is secured for tomorrow with the meeting with the merfolk. Sleep well, we will see you in the morning," Kaspar spoke in an emotionless tone, using my formal name instead of the familiar nickname that I have grown to love.

        They exited my room and headed to their own room, presumably. At the moment in time, I knew I couldn't undo the secrets and cover-ups that I had told them. Kaspar and Kasey were now distancing themselves from me and doing their jobs. No strings attached.

        <<<>>>

        In the morning, the tension and awkwardness was worse than the night before. I performed the enchantment once more before I stepped out of the hotel, feeling slightly lightheaded. After breakfast, I felt much better and ready to start the journey. As the wolves and Fae warriors brought the cars to the front of the hotel, Kaspar cleared his throat to catch my attention before I entered the car with Jasper seated in the driver's seat.

        "You can ride with Maddox and Arvel if you'd like."

        Of course, the ride between the two Alphas would be unnerving and tense. I nodded my head and headed to the first car with the two other werewolves. As I slipped into the backseat, the two males turned around and greeted me.

        "Hi, Lord Elian. Riding with us today?" Maddox asked, his green eyes filled with curiosity.

        "Yes, and if you prefer, you can just call me by name, Elian."

        Arvel nodded and started the car, "If you don't mind, Elian, why are you with us today?"

        "The Alphas suggested that I keep you company, I suppose."