Disillusionment

In the original multiverse:

Dream had just finished his work to spread positivity throughout the AUs for the day. There was a lot more work than usual because of the random shaking of the multiverse, which terrified everyone, and since it was his job to preserve the positivity, he had been busy for the past week and a bit. He had asked Ink if he knew what the multiversal earthquakes were from, only for the other to reply that he didn't and was looking into it.

Anyway, he was going to check on the creator, to make sure that the god of creation was alright, that he's eating and sleeping properly, and to make sure that he didn't need any assistance for whatever he may be doing. Ink had been so secretive lately, especially after Blue left with Fresh, Lust and Geno the other day.

Dream was about to knock on the door to his friends' room, though he paused when he heard him talking, even though there was no other aura to indicate someone was with him. The goldish-yellow skeleton was about to leave, give Ink some privacy, but his curiosity inevitably overtook him once he heard his name mentioned. He knew that eavesdropping always caused more problems than it did to solve any, but the gnawing feeling in his gut was telling him that this was important to overhear, so he crept to the door, and slid it open just a crack, to hear what Ink was saying better.

"... need to make sure this works. If it doesn't then I won't be able to rule this multiverse absolutely. Blue was somehow immune to it, same with the Bad Sanses, Fresh, Lust, and Geno for some reason. I'm glad it works on Dream though, at least he won't be aware of the balance and of my plan. Speaking of which, I'll have to make sure that those who don't follow me are dead, so that nothing can ruin my plan of taking over this multiverse, then other multiverses, if they even exist," a slight pause, and the sound of papers. Dream had a hand over his mouth to stop any noise that he wanted to make. Ink continued looking through some more papers before continuing. "Alright everything seems to be set, Dream just needs to drink this potion I made so I can make sure that he'll never know I'm just using him for positivity, that he'll stay with me no matter what, I'd like my lover to love me back like I love him."

It took all of the usually positive guardian's effort as he tried not to gasp and give himself away. Dream started questioning everything he thought he knew about the creator, of all those times they had spent together, had fun. Had all those moments and memories been faked? How had he not noticed through Ink's emotions? Ink started speaking again before Dream could think anything else. "Anyway, that's about all the time I have for my so-called 'break'. I need to give this to Dream now, and if it works then I'll give it to everyone else who's on my side," Ink abruptly stood up, picking up a small bottle - presumably the potion - and headed for the door, just as Dream teleported away. No way was he trusting Ink after all that!

He popped into his bedroom at the base, and stuffed a bag with the most valued items that he kept in here, including his brothers' golden headpiece that Nightmare had thrown away all those centuries ago. He brought a few other things, and after stuffing them all in his bag, he debated whether he should bring his phone or not, though decided against it in the end. Ink could go to Sci and ask him to track Dreams' location through the device, and that was too risky if he wanted to stay hidden in the place that he was going to.

Next, he grabbed an outfit that was the exact opposite to the one he normally wears. The colors were a lot darker, and to cover his recognisable eye lights, he'd have to wear a cloak until he could find something better. Dream had just finished changing, chucking his usual attire in the basket used for laundry so Ink wouldn't know if he changed clothes once he realizes that he's gone - unless he's a stalker and checks everything that he does and wears, which could be very possible at this point - when Ink suddenly knocked on the door, successfully terrifying the living daylights out of the guardian.