Horror Movies And Cuddles

Start from the beginning

I still had one leg thrown over Olive's lap and my arms around him and Olive still had his arms around my neck but he leaned over a bit so he could tell Madi, "Oh be quiet." Madi stuck her tongue out at Olive and grabbed some of the popcorn that was left and started to eat it.

Olive snuggled into me and asked me, "Do you want to sleep over tonight?" I gave Olive a quick peck and nodded. We've only been dating for like four days but we've had sleepovers when we were younger all the time so this didn't seem too overwhelming.

Olive smirked at me and gave me another quick kiss and then asked Mira and Kia, "Did you two like the movie?" Mira nodded excitedly while Kai just shook his head and rested his head back on his knees. He must be scared of horror movies too. "Did you like the ending?" Olive asked. Mira nodded again and replied, "Yeah it was so good but it would have been nice if it stuck to the original movie."

"I thought that too. It put a cool spin on things but it wasn't as scary as the original ending. Seemed anticlimactic."

Mira nodded along with him and they started having a discussion about the differences in this movie and the original and what they thought of them. It wasn't very interesting to me, so I didn't listen to most of it and untangled myself from Olive so I could talk with Kai. I sat down next to him on the loveseat and asked, "You think the movie was scary?"

Kai nodded and said with wide eyes, "Yeah, especially that part when the little kid got run over, " he shivered a bit and continued, "I think that will give me nightmares for weeks."

"Really? I thought the scariest part was when Louis kills Church and Gage." Kai nods a bit and unwraps his arms from his legs and leans on my shoulder a bit. I didn't mind too much and leaned into him a bit too and kept talking with him. We were pretty close in The Hollow, so this doesn't seem too weird to me and Olive knows how close we are so I doubt he'll get jealous.

For a while, all of us keep talking, except for Madi who's on her phone, and get interrupted when all our parents get here. Olive's parents walk in the door and Olive's Texan mom gestures to the door with her thumb and says, "Kai and Mira, your folks are here. Better grab all your stuff and head out."

They both nod to her and get up, Kai gets up reluctantly only after I make him, and grab their backpacks and binders. They both say goodbye to all of us and then quickly head outside to meet their parents. Olive's Texan mom waves goodbye to them and closes the door behind them.

Once they're gone she turns to me and says, "Hear you're staying here for the night." I nodded and sat back down next to Olive, who immediately wrapped an arm around me and said, "Yeah I thought it might be fun." She looked between the both of us, not threatening or anything just curious really, and after getting elbowed in the side by Olive's other mom, said, "Okay you can stay over. You'll have to wear some of Olive's clothes and use one of our spare toothbrushes."

I nod to her and I and Olive start to walk to his room so we can cuddle but Olive's mom stops us and adds, "You two have to keep the door open." Olive looks at his mom incredulously and I look down at my feet in embarrassment.

"Seriously Mom? We're not going to do anything." I think Olive's mom shakes her head or something and then I hear Olive sigh and say, "Fine, we'll keep the door open." Olive's mom then ruffles his hair and gives him a kiss on the head before heading off somewhere else in the house.

I look up at Olive and nod to his room, silently asking him if we can go in. He nods back and we both head inside.

The room looks almost like it did when we were little kids, his bed still pushed in between the two windows, though the frame is a Japanese-looking frame and full-sized. He still has his dark blue blackout curtains with white stars on them and floor-to-ceiling bookshelf on the right of his bed, still packed with books. On the other side of his bed is his desk with his lap and Chromebook on it.

I look around a little bit more, looking at his pride flags (pan and ace), and looking at the multiple horror movie posters he has up (mostly from Steven King ones). After a couple more minutes I plop down on Olive's bed with him. He's laying on his back with his head facing me and I lay down on my right side with an arm under my head.

Olive reaches out his arms and pulls me onto his chest with my face pressed against his collarbone. I looped my arms around Olive's neck and snuggled into him, trying not to squeak in excitement. We may have slept in the same bed together (when we were little) but we've never cuddled before.

Olive has his arms resting on my back and keeps drawing patterns on it with one of his hands. A star, a heart, my name and then a sentence. You.. are.. cute. I started blushing and buried my face farther into his collarbone. I hear Olive giggle a bit and then he says quietly, "You really are cute you know."

I start rubbing one of my toes in a circle and mumble back, "Thanks. You're cute too." Olive giggles a bit again and wraps his arms a little tighter around me; I shift a bit so I can get more comfortable and then settle into Olive. I feel him relax too and rest his face in my hair; after a couple of minutes, I think I feel him drift off. I smile a bit and give him a soft kiss on his collarbone, careful not to wake him.