[46] Uncertain

The warehouse's interior was damp, with some moss scattered around the cracks in the walls. Old wooden crates were found stacked against a wall, but some were strewn across the ground.  Taking a deep breath, the place smelled like the rain for some reason, even though it was completely dry outside. But as you followed Killua to a specific corner of the warehouse, the smell of rain started to mix with something... metallic. It was a familiar scent that you weren't sure you wanted to be reminded of. 

Killua crossed his arms. "There's not much here, but it's still pretty recent... and suspicious." He narrows his eyes. 

Upon closer inspection, Ryu and Senka looked as if their worries had been confirmed. 

Meanwhile, Alluka makes her way to the front, eager to see what Killua was talking about. As soon as she did, she immediately cowered behind him. "Onii-chan... why is there so much blood?" 

'What?!'  That metallic scent made sense now. 

Ryu sighed. "Thankfully, it's not enough to conclude that someone just died here." He looks at the surrounding floors. "There isn't a blood trail... that's odd..." 

You made your way to the front as well. Just like Killua said, there was some blood on the floor, and some splattered on the walls. It wasn't completely dry either, so whatever happened must have been recent. 

You found yourself frozen in place, seeing everything turn blood red, just like that moment from all those years ago. 

"...(Y/N)?" Killua immediately recognized your dark, trance-like expression. He placed a hand on your shoulder, snapping you out of it. 

"O-Oh! Uh..." You whipped your head to face Killua's. "What do you think happened here?" You managed to gather your thoughts, ignoring the tightening feeling in your chest from that faint, yet invasive, metallic scent.

Killua gave you a worried stare, before letting out a deep sigh and looking at the bloodstain once more. "Just like Ryu said, there isn't enough here to safely say that someone bled to death here." He put a hand to his chin. "And since there's no blood trail from here, whoever was injured managed to stop themselves from bleeding." 

Senka put her arms to her hips. "Do you guys think a fight went down? Then one of them got injured somehow..."

"What?" Ryu frowned. 

She shrugs. "I mean... how else could this have happened?"

 Alluka pokes her head out from behind Killua. "So... Sanguis wasn't alone?" She looks up at Killua worriedly. 

"I never saw anyone go here except Sanguis though..." Senka says, referring to her Wandering Eyes.

Ryu nods. "Plus, doesn't he usually work alone?" 

Killua glances at you through the corner of his eye. "Still, I don't think we should dismiss the idea just yet. In fact, this could explain why he's been acting weirdly."

Senka and Ryu share a look of realization. "That could explain why he's been staying in this abandoned place... for a long period of time..." Senka mumbles.

"Wait." Ryu puts a hand up. "If Sanguis is with someone. Why would they fight?"

Senka sighs. "Ryu, this other person might be Sanguis' enemy as well."

Ryu frowns. "So if they're his enemy, maybe they're on our side?" 

"Not necessarily..." Killua mutters, before whipping his head toward the warehouse's entrance. "Anyways, we should probably get going. We already found a bunch of things, and we can't stay for too long."