"i noticed something..." renjun broke the silence.

"what?"

"jaemin seems to get out of breath really quick."

jeno furrowed his brows, trying to recall jaemin getting out of breath.

"last time, when he brought hyuck's phone to the 127 dorm, he was on the verge of passing out."

"because he was out of breath?"

renjun nodded.

"what do you think that could be?" jeno asked.

"i have no idea... but it means nothing good..."

"should we tell taeyong about it?" jeno raised a brow. "he told us to warn him if anything happened."

"yeah, i remember..."

renjun and jeno debated for a few seconds, not knowing what was best to do.

"i'm not sure it would be the best idea." renjun told.

"i agree."

"seeing how jaemin tries to hide it from us when we are the closest persons to him, i'm not sure he wants it to be revealed to the rest of the group."

"yeah, plus, nothing is official now. we still don't know what he has..."

"oh, don't worry, we'll discover." renjun told.

💔

"hello, mom." jaemin said in a low voice.

once again, he was up at 3a.m.

but this time, he had woken up on purpose.

fortunately, his loud alarm hadn't awoken jisung.

jaemin needed to talk to his mother.

but it was too dangerous to do that during the day.

it was safer at night time, when everybody was asleep.

"hello, sweetie. how are you feeling?" his mother asked on the phone.

"not so good..." jaemin replied honestly. "i feel my condition getting worse every day."

jaemin's mother sighed on the other side of the line.

"i don't know what to say, jaemin."

"and i don't know what to do..." the teenager replied. "why does that shit happen to me? and why does it happen now?!"

"life if unfair, baby. you know that..."

"life may be unfair, but at that point, it's that i am victim of a malediction..."

"don't say that, jaemin..."

"first my back, herniated disk... and now my heart, coronary artery disease!" he let out. "i could die because of this, mom. i don't want to die! i am too young..."

at that point, the boy's eyes were full of hot tears.

he tried his best not to let his mother hear how broken he was, but it was so hard...

"jaemin, listen to me." his mother spoke. "i am a nurse, i can pick medicines for you. i'll deliver them to your dorm at night at 3a.m., okay? i'll heal you. i promise, baby. i won't let you suffer more."

jaemin sniffled at his mother's words.

he was so lucky to have such a kind mother.

"for the moment, try to eat lots of vegetables and fruits. they're low in fats and so, will prevent your arteries to get blocked by fats. i'll send you a message when i have the medicines and we'll meet at night. is that okay?"

"yes, mom... thank you so much." jaemin mumbled, still crying.

"it's normal jaemin. i love you." his mother replied. "now go back to sleep. you need to rest a lot."

jaemin hung up after saying goodbye, wiping his tears and standing up.

he walked out of the bathroom, and back to his room.

however, he was completely oblivious of the presence of another male in the dark corridor.