Chapter 38

"Let's picnic at the park and buy a sandwich like we always did," I say, feeling a knot forming in my stomach. This is it. There's no turning back when I tell him the truth about the little intruder in my belly. "That's a fantastic idea. It allows me to make love to you because I'm definitely not going to have sex at your parents' place." Michael chuckles.

"Michael!" I laughed. "What? I will not have sex under the same roof as your parents' sleep in. No fucking way." Michael blurted devilishly. I shake my head in disbelief and giggle at his cheerful mood.

Ever since we walked out of Felicity her room, the air between us wasn't fragile anymore. Michael was so nervous this morning because he also lied to his sister for years.

He had to carry the weight of the world on his shoulder and I wasn't able to help him. If he just had told me everything, I would have helped him. At least he could have talked to someone about his fucked up parents. "Here's a store." I point to a parking spot in front of the store.

"I'll be right back," I say and give him a quick peck on the lips. Luckily, he didn't want to join me. I'm hoping to buy something to surprise him. Something that doesn't need my explanation.

I saunter through the rows and find the sandwiches. I take two healthy sandwiches and something to drink. Where can I find the baby stuff?

I glance around and spot a corner with baby bottles, milk, and other things. My eyes fall on a white romper with the words best dad ever on it. I swallow and feel the tears prick in the corner of my eyes. I'm such an emotional wreck since I'm pregnant.

I take the romper in my hand and smile, imagining my baby will wear such cute clothing. I'm not even sure if I'll get a boy or a girl.

After I paid for everything, I nudged the clothing inside of my purse. Thank God I took my larger purse with me this morning. I shoved down the sandwiches and drinks into another bag.

"Hey," I greet Michael when I enter the car. "Hey, baby." He answers lovingly. "To the park then?" He asks playfully and wiggles with his eyebrows.

"You're unbelievable." I chuckle and Michael takes my hand and kisses my knuckles one by one. "You make me so happy." He admits sweetly and I can feel my body melt. Hopefully, our baby will make him even happier than he already is.

We arrive at the park, and I look around to locate a spot where it's calm. "There," I point with my index finger to a spot close to the woods. I hang my purse over my shoulder and walk behind Michael, who had listened to my command. He marched toward the perfect spot with the bag in his hand.

It was a lovely sunny day with a gentle breeze. I love summer. But I love this man more. When he lowers himself and settles everything between us, my smile never faltered. I'm the luckiest girl to have him by my side. My one true love, finally mine.

Michael takes a huge bite of his sandwich while glancing at me. "Why were you so moody this morning? Did I do something wrong?" He asks me gently. I swallow a huge bite from my sandwich and know this is the moment I have to tell him. Michael knows me so well, so it's obvious he sensed something was wrong with me. Only to know, I'm fine but my hormones played tricks with me. It makes me feel ridiculous.

"I have to tell you something." I begin and Michael his expression changed into a puzzled one. He stops eating and patiently awaits my explanation. I sigh and smile at him, feeling my cheeks turn pink.

I turn my attention to my purse and carefully pull the romper out of it, spreading it over the grass in front of him so he could read the lines.

Michael glances back and forth from the baby clothing back to me. I couldn't read his emotions from his face. "I can explain this, Michael." I blurted insecurely, but he cut me off by pulling me by my neck and crashing his lips on mine.

The kiss was hot and fierce, anything but gentle, and I loved it. He showed me how he felt about becoming a father. He showed me everything I needed to know and desperately wished for.

Michael withdraws from me, our breathing heavy and uncontrollable. Michael picks up the romper and eyes it, a handsome smile spreading his face. "I dreamed about this last night. That's why I had slept so well. This was my ultimate dream, Sofia. I know we haven't talked about children before and I don't even know how you feel about a baby?" He asks me, his eyes glistening from happiness.

"Are you not mad at me?" I stammer in astonishment. I thought he needed some time to take in the news, but I was wrong.

"Baby, I always hoped you would get pregnant without my knowledge. This is the best news ever. Becoming the father of a little Sofia, creating more of you only makes it better. I can't tell you how much this means to me. Becoming a family with you was the one thing I've always wanted and never thought could have. Now it's happening, I uh, this is awesome!" Michael yells in ecstasy, embracing me for a moment.

Then he leans over to kiss me again. His lips feel warm and the way he is kissing me left me dizzy and eager for more. I want this moment to last forever.

"So, you forgot to take your pill, I presume?" Michael asks me with one brow up, a sheepish grin plastered on his face. "Yeah," I answer shortly and eye him closely. "I'm so happy you've forgotten those damn pills," Michael admits boldly.

I laugh at the happiness that radiates from his face. This was beyond the best moment between us. Michael lays his hand on my belly, his expression hot. His eyes bore into mine as he spoke, "I will do everything in my power to make you happy. Every day I'll cherish what you've given me. We are a family now." Michael blurted and the last part made me cry.

I never thought we would come back together. This is my miracle. I know what it means to him having a family, and I'm the one giving it to him. Our love story was a long, tough road, but it was meant to happen like this.

We weren't meant to be together in high school, but now nothing can stop us. Our love will grow even stronger through the little baby that's growing inside of me. Perfection is an illusion. Although, this moment feels perfect to me.