Chapter 34

I'm laying down in bed and stare at the ceiling. "Did you get nauseous or do you have sensitive breasts?" Mom asks me. "No, none of them. If I didn't think about my pill, I wouldn't have noticed it." I answer her. "You know what. I'll buy another test. Those tests are not always reliable. If the second test says you're pregnant then it will be." Mom assures me in a calm tone.

"Did you get sick or any of those things when you were pregnant?" I ask her curiously with my hand resting on my belly. "No," she answers calmly. I sigh and look back at the ceiling. "Do you want this baby?" Mom asks in concern.

"I do. Forget I've been crying. I'm so emotional over the last few days. I'm truly happy if I'm pregnant." I blurted. "Does it feel you are on an emotional rollercoaster?" Mom asks with crooked eyebrows. "Yes, exactly what I mean," I answer her.

"That's a sign you can be pregnant. Lots of mothers become very emotional during pregnancy." She responds with a small smile. "It's hard to keep your excitement hidden from me, mom." I grin. Although, seeing her cheerful smile about the little intruder that's growing inside of me, gives me a warm feeling.

"I'll be such a great grandma," Mom says cheekily. "Mom, we need to be sure first," I answer her. "Yeah, yeah. I'll go now. Sleep, my dear." She says and kisses me on my forehead. I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep with Michael on my mind.

I wake up to loud noise from my phone. Quickly, I swipe my finger to answer the call. "Michael?" I blurted, sleepily. It stayed silent on the other line. "No, it's me." Her soft voice came through the phone. What the hell! I look at the number and see it's an unknown number. But her voice sounded too familiar. Even after all those years, I would have recognized her voice.

"Miley?" I ask in confusion. Why is she calling me? "Yes, I've heard you were back in Oregon. I'm visiting my parents, maybe we can talk?" She asks, and I frown at her question. This is so weird. Suddenly, she wants to talk to me. "We can talk on the phone," I answer her shortly.

"Uh, no. I can't tell you on the phone. Can you meet me at the park in an hour?" She asks. Thinking for a moment, I'm not sure if I want to talk to her. Now with Michael's sister and my own problems, I need to take care of that first. "Please, Sofia. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't important." She begs.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there." I say and hung up the phone. What does she want to tell me that's so important? Maybe she's going to apologize for ruining our friendship. I toss my sheets to the side and crawl out of bed. Splashing some water in my face, a soft knock sounds on the door. "I heard you talking. Was it Michael?" Mom peeks through the door.

"No, you never guess who wants to meet me in an hour," I say, not sure why I've said yes. "Who?" Mom asks curiously. "Miley. She has something important to say. I'm meeting her in an hour at the park." I inform mom.

"What does she want? You haven't spoken with each other for ages, and now she needs to talk to you." Mom blurted, irritated. "Yes, I was thinking the same thing," I say, wiping the last remaining water from my face.

"I don't trust her." Mom stated calmly. "Me neither. That's why I hoped you could bring me and monitor us from afar." I explain to her. "Of course, dear." She says. "Are you ready?" Mom asks while waving the pregnancy test in the air.

"I'm ready." I smile warmly. "I'll give you some privacy," Mom says, and she vanishes out of the bathroom. Like the first test, I had to wait several seconds before there would appear two red lines. In the back of my mind, I hoped it wouldn't say you're not positive, but my heart screams yes, I want this child. With everything that's going on, I hope Michael will be happy as well.

My heart skips a beat. Two red lines appeared. I'm truly pregnant, no denying it anymore. "Mom, you can come in," I yelled. I hear her running up the stairs. "Is it positive?" She pants.