Prologue

"The arrogance of mankind is to believe that nature is under its control ..."

May 4

Year 2150

Southern Norway

Although winter was finally over and the beginning of spring days was looming, the weather remained very low in the lands of Norway. The last layers of snow still managed to hold on some hills.

On the fjord, bathed by the northern sun of this early afternoon, stood the town of Arendelle. Census population: 400,000 inhabitants. Arendelle was a very old town and steeped in history. Founded in the Middle Ages and known in the 1800s as the country's royal capital and one of the most influential trading ports, it had evolved over the centuries, eventually becoming one of the most advanced cities in terms of technology across the country. The modest brick and wood houses had given way to buildings and towers with glass walls. The stalls of yesteryear, replaced by high-tech shops. The port that once hosted merchant ships from other kingdoms, now served to accommodate large liners and other luxury ships and filled with tourists keen to see the historic monuments present in the city.

Indeed, despite this era of progress and technology, Arendelle remained very attached to its heritage and had been able to preciously preserve several places in its history. One of them, a little away from the city but which could be reached quickly by car, was a magnificent castle, perfectly preserved and built on the water's edge.

This symbolic castle was the domain of the kings and queens of Norway who succeeded one another during the old era. But today, the monarchy having disappeared for a very long time, it was only a kind of museum for tourists.

But today, the castle closed its doors exceptionally, for scientific reasons. A team, belonging to the Monarch organization, had privatized the place in order to conduct careful research. Even employees working usually at the castle were not allowed in while the team was there.

One of the team members was alone, walking slowly through one of the halls of the castle. With his pensive eye, he looked one by one at the objects and paintings exhibited under large glass cages. He focused his attention on one painting in particular. The one representing two young women, appearing to be sisters. One with silver blonde hair and wearing a big blue dress, and the other with red hair like fire, and wearing a green dress. The man stared at the painting, recognizing the two women. Elsa and Anna, two of the most famous queens who had marked the history of this country in their time. A very old legend even wanted Queen Elsa to have magical powers ... Other legends of Norway even said that the fjord would have been the scene of an apocalyptic battle between gigantic creatures that could have brought about the end of humanity ... the Norwegians seemed very proud to tell these legends to easily impressionable tourists...

_ "Professor?! Professor Serizawa?"

At that voice mentioning his name, the man, of Asian origin, readjusted his glasses on his nose and sighed softly. Henri Serizawa, that was his name. 29 years. Short black hair, small mustache and goatee. Dressed in a black suit and wearing the Monarch badge. Henri had organized this inspection at Arendelle Castle for good reason. A few months ago, he had got his hands on an old notebook, which had once belonged to his ancestor, Ishiro Serizawa, a great scholar, who apparently had met Queen Elsa and Princess Anna in person ...

_ "Professor Serizawa, ah there you are." then said a young woman, with brown hair tied in a ponytail and she too dressed in the same black suit and the same badge of the organization pinned to her chest. The woman looked in a hurry, leaning her hand against the wall and catching a little breath.

_ "What's going on, Doctor Lewis?" Henri asked in a neutral tone.

_ "Sir... we found it." the woman simply answered with conviction and a smile on her lips.