Chapter 5: Missing

Y/N POV

When I woke up I was being carried down a long white tiled hallway in some itchy hospital gown type thing.

"Oh no, you're awake. I wanted to do this while you were still asleep. It would've been much easier." Dr Brenner explained slurring his words slightly.

"What are you going to do?" I asked, I wanted to try and escape again but I was too exhausted, whatever they put in me really tired me out. 

"You'll see"

Ugh I hate this. For all I know he's about to kill me!

He was carrying me 'bridal style' down the hall which generally is just weird. Then we turned a corner into a room where 5 other 'doctors' were sat. I looked at the table in front of them and on it there was some pen thing,  a razor, and some other things I couldn't work out.

Brenner put me down and my bare feet touched the icey cold floor.

"Get in the chair" a man said.

"NO!" I shouted

"013!" Dr Brenner scolded.

And at that 2 other people grabbed my arms, pushed me into the chair and strapped my arms and legs down.

Then a man came up to me with a razor and said "hold still"

At that he started to shave all my hair off I wanted to scream, cry and escape but I thought better of it. After about 5 minutes my hair was all gone and left me with a buzz  cut. 

(This is what it would look like if you needed reference)

Then another dude came up to me with a pen thingy that I now know was a tattoo pen. Then they tattooed 013 onto my arm

(Sorry the editing isn't great 😂 )

Then Brenner picked me up again and started walking us down the hall again. 

"You know I can walk right?"

"Yes but I fear you will try to escape" 

"Ugh I hate you!!!" I screamed

"I can live with that"

Then we turned corner to a room with a rainbow on the side. 

"Stay in here" Brenner order.

I looked around the grey room, there was a table with some crayons and paper on it, a bunk bed with some white sheets and some lego blocks and childrens toys on the floor in the corner. 

(I took this brief description from the official Stranger Things novel 'Suspicious Minds' because you can't really see what the rainbow room looks like in the series btw)

"I'm not a little kid" I mumbled pushing all the crayons onto the floor and sitting on the bottom bunk with a huff.  There isn't much to do here so I might need those crayons in the end. 

Mike's POV

I had called El and the gang to meet me in my basement so we can try and find out what happened to Y/N. 

(Time skip to when everyone arrives brought to you by Suzie Pooh)

"So you all know why you're here, Y/N has not replied to any of our texts, as a matter of fact I was blocked by her! And she did not return home this morning and Steve is now very mad at me!"

"Oof blocked by your crush!" Lucas exclaimed.

"She's not my crush dude." I retaliated.

"Meh"

"Anyway, moving swiftly on, I have reason to believe that Dr Brenner is behind all this"

"Wait what!" Dustin shouted

I showed them the text messages between "Y/N" and I and the ones with Steve.

"Who's gonna tell him?" Will asked?

"Tell who what?" said El

"Tell Steve that Y/N is missing"

"Oh god", "ummmm" and "not me" flooded through the basement, clearly no one wanted to be the bearer of bad news. Then everyone looked at me.

"Fine, I will. He hates me already anyway."

I messaged Steve and told him to come over. I didn't want to tell him over text. And then everyone could back me up. 

Another chapter! How are we feeling about the new hair and poor Mike having to tell Steve! - El 🥲💇🏼‍♀️