Chapter 4: Dr Brenner and The Chase

Y/N POV

I woke up and headed downstairs to grab breakfast, I got myself some ~ Your favourite breakfast~. Then I turned around and saw Steve there.

"Jesus! You scared the life out of me!" I screamed!

"Oh sorry, I just came for breakfast"

"Ok then" I said and grabbed my food and walked upstairs to my room.

"Ooooookkkkkkkk, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" I heard Steve say as I walked up the stairs. 

I sat on my bed listening to music while eating my breakfast. Then I went to my closet and looked at the new clothes  I had bought yesterday. I chose something to wear and got dressed.

I chose a simple tracksuit and trainers because Mike said we were only going to his house to talk about what he saw yesterday

I checked my phone and saw a text messages from Mike.

Wait. He put 🥰! OMG, that's never happened before! Ugh, don't get ahead of yourself he's just being friendly. Chill out! It wouldn't matter anyway because you DON'T like him like that. 

I went downstairs and told Steve I was going to Mike's. I grabbed my bike and started to cycle to his. I live quite a few blocks away from Mike so it's a bit of a journey. 

After going for a while I noticed a truck, it said "Hawkins Power and Light" on it. I recognised that name from somewhere.  I decided not to stress on it and just keep riding, but every time I looked back the truck was there. It seemed to be following me. 

At that I sped up. "It's the trying to kidnap a kid for me" I said quietly. (Some gen z humor there cause why not 😂 )

I was getting really fast now which I didn't like and as I got faster so did the truck. I looked around me and saw a forest.

 "Surly a truck can't get through there"

I jumped of my bike, abandoned it on the road and ran into the forest. I hid behind a tree trying to see what the truck would do. I saw 5 men in blue outfits walk out and then 1 older man in a suit walk out.