Chapter 60

꧁✿🌸╭⊱ 𝓡𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓮 ⊱╮🌸✿꧂

Keiko was suiting up, slipping on her traditional armor gifted to her by her father and his father before him and so on.

She simply had to walk down that hall with everything on, and that would seal the deal.

Wait-

No-

HOLD ON.

She meant, she already agreed to join this war. Heck- she almost begged to join and Uchiha Keiko does not Beg. People beg to even be gifted with her voice, hn!

Yeah...

Erm...

Anyway!

She could feel all the other captains gazes on her, curious as to how she was the sixth hokage not only at such a young age, but also as an Uchiha.

It was unheard of, and right when she had technically given up the job to Tsunade her robe had finished, to which her soulmate and leader convinced her to wear during the war.

Uchiha Keiko was officially the sixth hokage.

The first Uchiha one at that.

And she hated it.

Someone better than her deserved it!

Like-Like Itachi! Kami, his loyalty was unbelievable! No matter how much loyalty lied to this village, she still faded slightly.

A will, her father called it.

"Kitten?" She deadpanned, turning to look at him and raising an eyebrow at his concerned expression.

"Not hime? My name is Keiko." He chuckled nervously, grasping her wrist gently and taking her out of the room filled with commanders, and outside in the hall.

"What? You don't plan on trying to convince me to stay, do you? Cause if you are-"

"No!" He quickly stopped her, placing his pale hands on her shoulders.

"No, that's not it...Actually this is more for me than it is you." She crossed her arms over her chest, eyebrow raised slightly.

'If this mf tries to kiss me-'

"Can you...Promise me something?" His voice was quiet and soft, despite it's deep tone.

It also held a little...Pain?

"What-"

"Just...Promise me this..." He hadn't looked up to meet her gaze yet, as his eyes were set on her hand that he had taken and began fidgeting with.