Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The blinds opened to reveal, who Rowan assumed was this Sam Wilson guy, that Natasha and Steve were talking about in the Forrest. He quickly opened the door, a confused and concerned look on his face. "Hey, man."

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve spoke, sincerely.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha spoke, all three were covered in dust, they looked like shit.

"Not everyone." Sam spoke, moving out of the way of the door, Rowan was hidden behind Steve, but he quickly pushed her forward, following behind as Nat followed behind him.

"The showers in there, towels in the bathroom, I'll look for clothes, my sister will have extras for you guys." Sam spoke.

Rowan showered first, Sam had given her a long sleeved black Nike shirt, and some denim jeans. They were a little big but she found a belt in the house.

Rowan stared at her hands, she was created by hydra, taken in by shield, which was really hydra. She was confused, she didn't understand. She had come to terms with her powers and who she was, she decided she could do good with her powers. But was she ever really doing good?

"Rowan" Steve spoke up, moving out of the bathroom, Rowan looked up, he hadn't showered yet, why hadn't he? "Are you okay?"

Rowan snorted, amused, Steve raised an eyebrow, making his way to the bed she was sat on, sitting beside her, the mattress, dipping down underneath him. "What's going on?"

Rowans let out a sigh as she bit her lip, looking down at her hands. "I-I don't remember where I came from or how I got these powers. Shield always told me, it was a Russian experiment gone wrong. When I trained with shield, they always told me I would be the new captain America, I was suppose to become you. I always thought what I was doing was good, for the better of the world. And now...now I find out I'm, I guess I'm just the monster that hydra always wanted."

"Rowan, you didn't know what you were fighting for or who you were fighting for, nobody knew." Steve spoke, softly, gently, as Rowan nodded, starting at the floor.

"That's problem, Steve, why am I fighting if I don't know who or what for." Rowan took a deep breath, looking up at Steve. "How are you taking the truth?"

"You mean dieing for nothing?" Steve spoke, a soft smirk on his lips.

"Yeah, that."

"I guess, it's to good to know, who I'm fighting now." Rowan let out a small chuckle, shaking her head.

"I made breakfast, if you guys...eat that sort of thing." Sam spoke, leaning on the door.

"We can't miss breakfast" Rowan smirked, jumping to her feet, following behind Sam to the kitchen where Natasha sat at the table.

"So the question is, who at shield could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha spoke, as Rowan grabbed a piece of bacon, taking a bite and pointing it at Nat.

"Alexander Pierce" Rowan spoke and Steve let out a sigh.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Natasha spoke grabbing a piece of bacon of Rowans plate, eating a glare.

"But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the lemurian star." Steve spoke, deep in thought.

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Rowan and Steve's heads both shot in Natasha direction, eyebrows furrowing.

"So the real question is, how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a shield officer in broad daylight?" Steve spoke, raising an eyebrow at Natasha.

"The answer is, you don't." Rowans attention landed on Sam, who dropped a file on the table, catching all threes attention.

"What's this?" Steve questioned.

"Call it a resume."

Natasha, and Rowan grabbed at the file, Natasha smacking the girls hand away earning an ow as Steve and Rowan leaned over her shoulder to see. "Is this Bakhmala?"

"Holy shit" Rowan mumbled looking at the file.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asked grabbing the picture on top.

"Yeah."

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs, what did you use? A stealth chute?" Natasha questioned eyebrow raised at Sam in curiosity.

"No" Sam grabbed the other file, handing it to Steve and Rowan quickly moved to look over Steve's shoulder now.

"Holy shit" Rowan spoke again, earning a raised eyebrow from Natasha as Steve looked up at Sam.

"I thought you said you were a pilot"

"I never said pilot."

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." Rowan rolled her eyes, Steve's always modest and thoughtful.

"Dude, captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam spoke, and Rowan couldn't help but smirks as Steve shrugged, amused.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve questioned, handing the file to Natasha.

"The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12 inch steel wall." Sam told the trio, Steve looked back at Rowan, who nodded and than to Natasha, who shrugged.

"Shouldn't be a problem." Steve spoke; a small smile tugging at his lips as he handed the file back to Sam.