Chapter Eight

chapter seven

chapter seven

"He looked right at me, like he didn't even know me." Steve was staring at the ground, he was lost in his head.

"How's that even possible? It was like, 70 years ago." Sam spoke, confused.

"Look at Steve, anything's possible" Rowan spoke her voice hoarse, it hurt to breath. She looked across from her at Natasha, who had gotten shot during the fight, thanks to some goons.

"Zola." Steve spoke, Rowan looked at him with sad eyes, she felt terrible for him. "Buckys whole unit was captured in 43'. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and.."

"None of thats your fault Steve." Natasha spoke up and Rowan took notice of how pale the woman had gotten, her eyes lazily looking around, she was out of it.

"Even, when I had nothing I had Bucky." Steve spoke, staring off into the distance.

"We need to get a doctor here, if we don't put pressure on that wound, shes gonna bleed out here in the truck." Sam spoke, but quickly was silenced as one of the guard held up their electric stick, Sam jumping.

Rowans eyes shot open as she watched the guard attack the other guard, knocking him to the ground, unconscious. Rowan smiled as she watched agent hill, pull off her helmet. "Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain. Who is this guy?"

...

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint."

"Maybe two. Check Rowan, that bruise looks too deadly to be nothing." Rowan, took a deep breath.

"Let me take them!" The doctor called out, waving his hand.

"They'll want to see him first." Maria spoke, Sam had his arm wrapped around Rowan, she was trying to focus as Sam dragged her with him.

The doctor pulled back the curtain and Rowans eyes widened as she stared at Nicky, laying in a hospital bed. She wanted to almost laugh, this had to be a sick joke, did she actually die at the hands of the winter soldier? Was she dead?

"About damn time"

Nope, she was definitely alive.

Rowan sat down, in a chair beside nicks bed, watching the doctor pack Natasha wound, listening to Nick. "Lacerated spinal column, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, and one hell of a headache."

"Don't forget your collapsed lung."

"Let's not forget that, otherwise I'm good." Nick spoke and Rowans eyebrows furrowed.

"But you were dead. We watched you die?" Rowan croaked out.

"Jesus, I thought that bruise was just for show. You sound like shit." Rowan rolled her eyes, crossing her arms at Nick. "Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat per minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it."