Bofur x Fem! Reader

Zacznij od początku

Your foot hit something with a light thud, looking down you saw a funny shaped hat in the mud. Picking it up, curious as to how it got there, a scream came from the trees, you weren't sure if the scream was real or if you were just hearing things from the thunder. You waited a moment before limping your way back toward the village. You heard the scream come from the forest again. You momentarily forgot your pain as you ran in the direction of the yell.

Stopping at the edge of a hill, you could barely make out the silhouette of a  small man running away from some large beast. You couldn't quite make out what it was exactly that was chasing him but that didn't matter as you unsheathed your sword and dropped your pack and hat on the ground, sliding down the muddy hill.

You ran, sword brandished and ready to strike as you came in between the beast and the small man. The large creature skidded on its feet, mud burying its paws as it stopped. You stared into the eyes of the large creature, it staring back at you, watching you. You stepped slowly to the right, the beast mimicking you, both of you circling each other until you had its back facing the small man. Lightning flashed through the sky, giving you a chance to momentarily getting a full view of the creature and a glimpse of movement from behind it, letting you know that the man was not dead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (time skip because I'm terrible at writing fight scenes) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After what felt like forever, the beast had been killed but not before adding onto your collection of wounds you already had. You huffed as you stared the dead corpse that laid at your feet as it slowly shifted into a man. Feeling guilt build up inside you, once you realized who you've just killed. You've heard about skin changers, but never seen one in person seeing as how they were thought to be extinct beings. You felt bile come up in throat but managed to push down the feeling. He was dead, there was nothing you could do about it now. You could only hope that you helped him rather than think you killed an innocent man.

You looked to the sky, noticing that the storm had calmed considerably before you turned to face the man who the skin changer was chasing, only he wasn't there when you turned around. Leaves rustled making your head snap up at the sound, seeing not a man, but a dwarf, in the tree with a relieved expression on his face. "Is it dead?" he questioned. Looking over your shoulder to set your gaze on the dead shifter, you looked back to the dwarf, nodding. 

He hopped out of the tree effortlessly, making you wonder just how fast can dwarves climb. You've seen dwarves around the Eriador when you grew up, not too much shorter than the average human but very stumpy bodies, not too sure if they were meant only for fighting since they had very tough skin. But this one dwarf just made you question just how much you actually knew about dwarves.

"Thank you so much, lad. I don't wanna think of what woulda' happened had you not shown up to slay that beast." the dwarf thanked. "It was no problem, just doing my job." though the skin changer wasn't part of it but its fine. He's okay, that's what matters, you thought to yourself. "Oh," he hesitated, "you're a lass." "Surprised?" You began walking back to the hill where you left your things. You were almost at the top of the hill before you looked over your shoulder to see the dwarf still standing in the same spot. "You coming or do you wanna stay in the forest all night?" You hollered over your shoulder, trudging forward.

You picked up your pack and the strange hat before turning to face the dwarf who was now only a few steps behind you. He looked as though he was about to ask something before looking down at your hands, his eyes lighting up. "My hat!" he exclaimed. The dwarf quickly took it from your hands before plopping it on his head with a gleaming smile. A smile of your own slowly formed on your face as you watch his theatrical expressions.