8) Early Morning Guests

Cw: Intrusive thoughts

(Not proof read)
•~•~•~•

I feel little feet hop onto my stomach. I bring my hands to cool down my face. I was hot despite the fact I was wearing shorts. I shifted my body and felt something, or rather someone next to me.

Wait-

My eyes flew open, and I saw that I was laying on top of the male. Heat rose in my face. I immediately sat up, and scooted away from him. Despite wearing the mask, which I would've thought would be really uncomfortable to sleep in, I could hear his breathing.

A few moments after the warmth of my body left his side, Dream stirred awake.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time.

'2:45 am? Jesus I am going to feel awful later.' I thought to myself. I looked over and the male was stretching in a half yawn.

"I can set up the guest bedroom for you, if you don't feel like driving to your place." I offered with a yawn. "I think I'll call an uber, and get one of my guys to drive my car to my place later." Dream replied.

I turned off the tv that said 'Continue watching?'. "Want something to snack on?" My brain was starting to wake up, realizing that I had a guest to take care of. "Sure," he followed me to the kicthen.

With Patches in between my feet, we headed to the kitchen. I started to pick through my fridge and cabinets while he sat on a stool next to the counter. "What sounds better twinkies or hot pockets?" I asked, turning to the male to see that patches was curled up in his lap.

"Hot pockets," He responds. I threw them in the microwave. "Wanna chill on the balcony while they cook?" I asked pointing towards the doors. He shrugged, which I took as a yes, then went outside into the lightly drizzling night city.

'You should've laced the food with poison,' I bit the inside of my lip as I attempted to shoo away the dark thoughts.

It was what you would expect. Police sirens somewhere in the distance, occasional honking of cars. I look behind me to find Dream holding the now asleep cat in his arms.

"I'm going to assume you don't normally go to 'employees' apartments?" I questioned looking down at the city. "No, not normally. Why?" The male sounded confused. I pushed my feelings aside. "Do you now how many times I could've killed you by now? I mean like, I'm a professionally trained assassin, I could slit your throat right here. But I won't because you're holding my cat." I huff letting a smile tug onto my face.

"Well, you're interesting. I trust you I guess. I'm also holding a cat." His tone was eventually light hearted at the end of the sentence.

He set Patches onto the ground and she sprinted inside. Dream leaned against the railing. "Why are you 'interested in me?' Why not ask for Tommy. Honestly he's more fun to be around." I comment, knowing I should've kept quiet and changed the subject. "He doesn't seem like the type to listen." The male shrugged.

"Okay fair enough," I chuckled. Despite how early it was, there were occasional people crossing cross walks. There are so many people I will never meet, some of them I will kill, and some of them I will love. Funny how that works.

Hearing the microwave go off, I walked back inside. Dream stayed outside and probably ordered an uber. I grabbed a few paper towels, and set the hot pockets onto it.

'Push him off, poison the food, quickly slit his stomach when you go into a random embrace.' My thoughts yelled at me. Once again I silenced them.

I went back outside and handed Dream his hot pocket. "I really just let some random guy into my apartment, watched Netflix, fell asleep on top of him, and feed him." I pause listening to him give a light laugh. "Am I turning into a grandma?" I say hearing him burst into a laughter.

We sit in a peaceful silence as we eat the hotpockets. It began to rain, and we headed back inside.

"Well my uber is here," Dream said aloud as you opened his phone. "Well these past two days have been, interesting." I chuckled. "Good night," He stands next to me at the door.

Dream's hands hold my face, and he brings it close to his. My face starts to heat, and I get flustered. I hear his breath, and my heart starts to pound of my chest. He licks his thumb and brushes it against my cheek. "Excuse me what the fu-" he interrupts me, "You had sauce on your face." The male leaves me behind in a embarrassed mess.

After he was gone, and I lock the door. Then I went over and fell onto my couch. Patches came up and curled next to my body. "Patches, men are weird and you leave me when you find one that you like." I coo to the purring kitten.

I groan into the pillows as I check the time on my phone. "3:15 am? Fuck, I have work in the morning." I drag myself into the kitchen and make myself a glass of water.

I go into my room and close the door. I lay down after putting my phone on the charger. My body started to go numb as I felt my mind almost go into unconsciousness.

"Meeow!" I hear patches start to hiss. I start to panic. I press my ear against the door and listen for any indication as to who entered my home.

"Shut up you fucking cat," The voice was masculine. I search for a weapon in my room to ward off the bitch. I go over to my purse and get pepper spray out of it. I quietly step out of my room and into the darkness.

'Kill them, strangle them, I want to kill something.' I wanted the thoughts to be quiet.

I hear Patches hiss again, indicating that the person was in the kitchen. I quickly run up to the person, and punched them in the abdomen. They were surprisingly tall.

"Fuck-" The male groans in pain. "Wait hold on it's me-" I didn't listen to the male as I sprayed the pepper spray into his face.

He let's out a Yelp of pain. "It's fucking me Wilbur you cunt," Wilbur says as pain edges into his voice. "Shit Wilbur, I'm sorry!!" I say apologetic. "Get me something to get this shit out of my face!" He was in a lot of pain.

I run into the bathroom for a hand towel and put water and soap all over it. I get another towel to dry it all off.

"Wilbur what are you doing so early??" I ask as he begins to wash off his face, which was really red. "Well I came with drinks, and then I got attacked." He grunted as he opened his watery eyes.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were burglar. You should've called me, or at least texted me." I frantically apologize. "Yeah knowing you, I probably should've, but I wanted to surprise you." He motions towards the bottles on the counter.

"I'm sorry! I heard Patched freaking out and then I started to freak out, I-" Wilbur cut me off. "It's fine, I should've sent a heads up." Wilbur smiles as the pain finally cools down.

I get out glasses, and poor drinks for us. "Anyways what are you doing here so late?" I ask taking a sip of the liquid. "Just wanted to hangout," He takes the glass and leads me back into the living room.