Chapter 13

"Project what?" Louie questioned. "PROJECT87_April. Made for one reason, and one reason alone: To find the Papyrus of Binding." Chloe stated. Louie was in a state of shock. First, Webby was stolen from F.O.W.L. Second, she was cloned from none other than Scrooge McDuck! And third, she was created only to find the Papyrus of Binding. Wow.

"Wait...if Webby was made from Scrooge, then that means.....WEBBY IS MY FIRST COUSIN(ONCE REMOVED)!?" Louie shouted. "Hmm.....yep!" Chloe replied. "This is crazy! The longer I'm here, the crazier this place gets!" Louie yelled. "So far, from the 24 hours, we have finished 16 of them." Chloe said. "Ughhh. I hate math." Louie groaned into his pillow. "It's 8 more hours, genius." Chloe said, rolling her eyes.

"That's even worse. Let's just call them right now." Louie said, picking up his phone. He dialed Amy's number. After the third ring, she picked up. "Louie!" "Amy! How are the plans going?" Louie asked. "Great! Good news! With Sam's help, the boys finished early. The serum is mixing faster than expected. We should be there in about an hour and a half." Amy replied. "Alright! In an hour and a half, it'll be 11:55. Most of them should be asleep by then." Louie calculated. "Right. Oh yeah! I almost forgot! We know the recipe for the Gummi Berry Juice." she said. "What?! How?" Louie asked. "Meh. B.H told us the recipe in exchange for a couple hundred rubies. Thought it might be useful tonight." Amy answered. "Alright. Well, I'll see you. Bye!" "Bye!" Louie hung up.

"Great! We'll be out of here in less than 2 hours." Louie said, flopping down on the bed. "Yes! Finally free from this mansionatic horror!" Chloe said. She transformed back into a wolf and curled up into a ball.

They were both unaware of the prying ears, whom had listened in on their whole conversation.

________________________________________________________

Webby, Dewey, Lena, and Violet were lounging around in Webby's room, when Huey burst through the doors. "Backup....soon.....2 hours..." Huey panted. They ran up to him and tried to help him calm down. "Start from the beginning Huey. What happened?" Webby said. Huey breathed in and out.

"I was walking down the hall when I heard Louie scream something about how crazy this place is. I heard him groan something into his pillow. Then he called someone. I only got snippets of their conversation. Something about a 'Sam', and serum, and then about some weird juice from someone called B.H. Then he hung up and said that we'd be out of here in less than 2 hours." Huey finished.

The group stood in silence. "Wait, what's this about a 'we'?" Violet asked, to which Huey shrugged. Lena hadn't yet told them about her 'encounter' with Louie's 'friend', and decided that now was the time.

"Guys, earlier I saw a shadow. It was trying to do something, but I'm not sure what. Then..." Lena continued on and told them about what happened earlier. When she finished, they all started thinking about this new information.

"If Louie's backup is arriving in less than 2 hours, we have to be ready." Dewey said. The rest of the group agreed. "We already know how to use our magical artifacts. That's one thing he doesn't know about." he added. Lena had forgotten to tell them that the shadow had been spying on them. So she did.

"Oh well. There goes the element of surprise." Violet said.

"But we can still beat them, whoever they are. We can Dewey this!" Dewey encouraged. The group sighed. Louie was usually the one to give the pep-talks. But now that he was their enemy...well, let's just say that they hadn't found a suitable replacement yet.

They started trying to work on a battle strategy, even without knowing how many, or what kind of enemies they were facing.

They started practicing with their objects, all except Huey, who still felt terrible he'd lost his. "What would they want with it anyway?" Lena asked. "Maybe to track our movements, find out where were gong to strike." Violet suggested.

They kept practicing.

Until they heard an explosion.

A'yo ppl! Sry this chapter is shorter than the others. I'm kindaaaa running out of ideas. I hope U enjoyed the chapter.

Cya!

- PokeMeow