Chapter 2

Louie entered an empty train car. He lied down on the seats and fell asleep. When he awoke, he checked his golden watch that he had gotten from his pile of treasure. It was 1:28. Louie had only slept for 20 minutes. It was an hour until the train arrived at it's destination.

Louie sat awake, bored as heck. His phone was dead and he forgot to bring a charger. "Ughh. I'm so bored." Louie whined. "Maybe you should take the time to plan what's next." Chloe said, appearing in his shadow. "But that's the thing! How would I know what to do?" Louie said. "Seriously?" "Ok, fine. But still, what should I do? It's not like I have anywhere to go." Louie said.

"Hey, there." said an unknown voice. Louie whipped his head around. He saw a girl, and two boys. They were about his age. The girl was a french bulldog and she wore a striped t-shirt and ripped jean shorts. One of the boys was an eagle and wore a black shirt that had a skull on it and had on black jean pants. The other boy was a grey parrot and he had on a navy patterned shirt and blue jean pants.

"Can I help you?" Louie asked.

"I heard you say you have no where to go." the girl said. "Ok, and?"  Louie asked. "And, we can help! I'm guessing your an outcast to your family since you have nowhere to go." she answered. Louie narrowed his eyes. "And why should I get help from you? I don't even know who you are." Louie said.

"Well, let's change that. I'm Amy." she said. "I'm Evan." the grey parrot said. "And I'm Lloyd." the eagle said. "We're also runaways." Evan said. "Ok. But why do you wanna help me? For all you know I could be a psychopath." Louie said. "We're willing to take that risk!" Amy grinned. "Fine, I'm in." "Oh yeah, and one more thing before you decide you wanna join us." Lloyd said. "We're kindaaa criminalsontherun." Louie looked at them. "Meh. I've been through worse. Plus, I'm a con-artist. I have a knack for that kinda thing." Louie answered, thinking back to Goldie, and Doofus's birthday. "Great! Welcome to the gang! Oh and one more thing. What's your name?" Amy asked.

Louie thought for a moment. "Louie. Louie Gold."

_______________________________________________________

Della had decided that she wanted to go talk to Louie. She felt bad for yelling at him. It was true that they all made mistakes, but they seemed to only focus on Louie's.

Della walked upstairs. She knocked on the door. When no one responded, she knocked again and said, "Louie! Let's talk ok? I'm not mad anymore." When there was no response, she opened the door and saw a floor board and one of the wall boards out of place. There was an open safe on the floor and a single gold coin resting on the ground. The window was open, and there was a slight breeze blowing through it, but Della didn't notice.

She ran downstairs and burst into the dining room. "Have any of you seen Louie?!" she asked in a panicked voice. "No, not since earlier with the spirits." Dewey said. Huey nodded, confirming that he had not seen Louie either since the spirits.

Della went pale. "What's wrong Della?" Mrs. Beakley asked asked. "Louie. He's not in his room, and the window was open." Della managed to say.

"Y-you mean.." Huey trailed off.

"He's.." Dewey tried. Niether could say it, so Webby did it for them.

"Gone."