Chapter 12

Jacobs Pov
I didn't think how she'd react to seeing me after the last few weeks, I thought everything would go back to normal but as per usual I was wrong. She looked like a train wreck but still beautiful when she got out of Bella's car, and when she turned around and looked at me I saw my Nessie but she walked right past me into the house with nothing to say, not even acknowledging my presence. Did I do something wrong?

"bells what happened? Why didn't she say anything to me?"-Jacob
"I'm not sure, she was fine in the car but she's only mentioned that you disappeared and that she hasn't heard from you in a while." -Bella
"I'm gonna go talk to her-"-Jacob
"Jake maybe just give her some time, let her process and get herself under control." -Bella
"I- Okay"-Jacob
As I was walking away, it occurred to me that I never thought that she would take me leaving hard, I mean I know I'm awesome and all but sheeeesh I didn't realize how attached she got and how quick it happened.  I wanted to tell her why I left and everything else that went along with what had happened when I left but I don't think it would make anything better for anyone.
——— Imsg from Alyssabell——
hey just checking in on you. Wanted to make sure you got home safely, thanks for taking the extra few days to drive with me back home. hope all is well
~ Alyssa
Seeing Alyssas name on my phone screen makes my stomach turn because of all that happened during the road trip and I know if ness found out let alone The Cullen family- I'd be dead for. But It's also nice that she's checking in on me.
"Got home safe, it was no problem enjoyed the road trip and seeing a different side of the States. All is well."- Jake
I made my reply back nice and simple that way she wouldn't think I was blowing her off or anything else that would put me in the dog house - pun intended.  It took all of my will to not text or call ness to check in her and ask her all 14 million questions that I now have but I know she has more than that which only makes me giving her space that much harder.

Renesmees pov
I didn't think that Jake would be home anytime soon, let alone that the first place I'd see him after his impromptu vacation to god knows where would be on my front porch. My mom saw that i had froze in my tracks and helped me snap out of my mind and make my way to the house. As i was walking back too concerned with my own thoughts and questions I overheard Jake and my mom having a conversation and right as i was going to turn around and confront him I saw in the corner of my eye him walking away. Maybe it's for the best? Im not sure. All i know is i have so many questions that won't get answered anytime soon.

I got to my room and face planted onto my bed just seconds later hearing my phone ding.
—- imsg from PartyAnimal—-
"girl I just got news that there is an awesome pool party tonight, You want to be my girl date?"
Lexi is always trying to get me to sneak out of my house, it's a damn shock that we are friends if I'm being completely honest.
"not tonight. got home and Jake was on door step. Gonna shower and read. think I'm gonna stay in tonight"
I know my reply will piss her off but if i know her she'll ditch the party and come over here. My parents aren't her biggest fan but at this point I'm gonna make a million mistakes what's the big deal right?
"I'm gonna stop at Walmart and get stuff for girls night and come over then you're gonna tell me all about what happened. be there in 15" - Lexi
"I'll let mom know. Tell me when you're close and I'll unlock the door."
"kk b there soon"- Lexi
I ran into my moms study and told her that Lexi was coming over and normally she won't hide her feelings when I bring up Lexi but today she seemed unbothered which was a plus for me personally. She ordered a pizza and got out our movie box that we normally get out when we do an impromptu girls night.

Ten minutes later, I got a text from Lexi that she was almost here so I went and unlocked the door and took my place on the couch where i had been previously sitting and went back to reading this book my mom told me she enjoyed reading by some author I can't remember what her name is but it's really good.

I heard Lexis car door shut and decided that where I was in my book was a good stopping point because if Lexi had came in when I was reading, that girl would've torn my book out of my hands and made me go put on some provocative outfit and go with her to that pool party she was going on about earlier which is the last thing I need, so I tucked my book back on the bookshelf and made my way to the door.
"girl what happened?! Momma Lexi is here now. I got my pen and paper and I'm here to listen to all your boy problems." Lexi said as she waddled in with all 15 Walmart bags. I started laughing. "Why did you bring in all the bags at once I could've helped!" Lexis eyed me when I said this obviously I had ignored that "Momma Lexi" part because that was not the response she wanted to hear. "For starters, I can easily bring in all these bags, and secondly if you're going through shit with Jacob, I'm gonna be here to help you get through it and through all your weird vamp/human feelings and all. You're my person just as I'm yours and that's how it will be till the end of time." Lexi says as she's getting out all the goodies from the store.  I walked up to her and gave her a hug while saying in her ear "you know you're like one of my favorite people ever right?"  "I'd be offended if I wasn't even considered a favorite person." as she pulls out of the hug and goes to my room.

I get to my room, sit on my bed across from Lexi and fill her in on all the shit that happened from this morning.

"Wait, so he just looked at you? And walked away?! HE DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO TALK TO YOU OR EVEN SO ANYTHING?! Lexi exclaimed. "Yeah, then he had a conversation with my mom but I was too in my head to hear anything even if I wanted to which I don't" I told her as I was getting up to grab some socks from my dresser cause my feet were cold. "ok first off, you need to ask your mom what that conversation was about and two- has he texted you since then?" Lexi questioned. "I'll bring it up eventually but not yet, and no he hasn't texted me." I say as I walk back to the bed when Lexi grabs my phone to text Jacob
"You haven't texted me. And you didn't say anything this morning. What's your deal Jake?!" 
~No response~
"so now he's dodging your texts, that's it you are DONE with him, you deserve someone who is gonna be better than that, imprint or not. You are a strong independent young woman and you do NOT need a man to make you feel good about yourself!" Lexi hands me back my phone, jumps off the bed and goes to get snacks.

As much as I hate to admit it, she's right. I do deserve better than that. But how do you break it to someone who imprinted on you that you're not gonna put up with being treated like a child and kept in the dark? This is all too confusing. So I go to the kitchen and get some ice cream and hope to god that the night gets better.