Chapter 20 - Waking up 17

We pulled apart and I gazed into his big brown eyes. Shit, he's so pretty. He smiled at me and kissed me on the forehead before grabbing my hand and laying down to look at the stars. I did the same, never once letting go of his hand. We lay in a comfortable silence for a few moments. I felt like I was on cloud 9. There was still a question I was burning to ask him though.

"Hey, Tubbo?" I asked, he glanced over at me.

"Yes love?" he said softly. I felt myself melt slightly at the pet name.

"How long have you liked me for?"

He chuckled and looked back up towards the stars. 

"This is gonna sound hella cheesy but I thought you were gorgeous the second I saw you. I never once thought you would become my girlfriend," he sighed. I looked over at him.

"Girlfriend?" I asked, he looked at me and gave me a cheeky smile.

"Well yeah, if you want to be of course," he said. I smiled and run my fingers through his soft brown hair.

"Of course I want to be,"

He smiled and took my hand from his hair, holding it tight. I giggled as he gave it a gentle kiss. He could be such a simp. But he was my simp. I smiled at the thought and rolled back over onto my back.

"So, do you wanna hang out tomorrow?" he asked. I pulled my phone out, trying to get the date to see if I was free.

24th May

If today was the 24th that meant that tomorrow was the 25th. My birthday. I sighed. I never really liked my birthday because it just reminded me that I was one year closer to being married to the human form of dog shit. It's different now but that feeling of anxiety and isolation came flooding back to me.

"Um, my brother might have something planned in the morning for my birthday but I'm free all day after," I said, slipping my phone back into my pocket. Tubbo froze.

"It's your birthday tomorrow?" he asked, slightly taken aback. "Why didn't you tell me I would've got you a present!"

"Oh don't worry I never really look forward to my birthday anyway," I said casually. He looked even more shocked than before.

"Why not? Birthdays are awesome!" he argued. I chuckled.

"It honestly just used to remind me that I was one year closer to being a miserable housewife," I shrugged, trying to hide the pain in my eyes as I spoke. He looked at me sympathetically and gave me a weak smile.

a/n: idk if I mentioned it but y/n did open up to Tubbo about her abusive household

"Well since it's your first birthday out of that shithole I am going to spoil you," he concluded. I blushed. The thought of being spoilt on my birthday by my now boyfriend seemed like a dream come true but it almost felt wrong to want to accept.

"No, really, it's fine I don't really think I-" I started, before he interrupted me by kissing me on the lips. I was surprised by the sudden contact but wasn't really complaining. After a few moments, he pulled away and held my cheek with his hand. I was blushing uncontrollably.

"I couldn't possibly give you even half of what you deserve," he said, gazing into my eyes "But let me try,"

 I felt the butterflies in my stomach explode as I smiled and nodded. He smiled back and kissed me on the forehead before we turned back towards the view. We sat there for another hour, cuddling, talking, laughing. It all felt like a dream. Not even that.

The drive home was silent but comfortable. As soon as we got into the car he reached over for my hand. I blushed and eagerly took it. Just his company was enough to make me feel like I was going to explode into a thousand pieces. I was falling deeply for this boy.