Chapter 5 - Brotherly love

I pretty much ran home, eager to tell Nick everything that had happened. Not many siblings are quite as close as us, which is why I'm extremely grateful for the relationship I have with my brother. 

When I got home I put away all the shopping and went to look for Nick. Unsurprisingly, he was in his room playing Minecraft with his friends. I knocked before going in. He was on a facetime call with George and Clay, his best friends. I was like a sister to them which made them very protective over me.

"Oh hey y/n!" he said happily "Thanks for getting some food I was meaning to go shopping but kind of forgot"

"It's no problem! I met some cool people." I said calmly. His head shot around to look at me.

"Wait what? You talked to people?" He said excitedly "That's incredible y/n I'm so proud of you!" He took his headphones off and engulfed me in the biggest hug I've ever had. I smiled at him. It meant the world to me that someone could recognise these sorts of achievements. 

"Y/n that's great news!" I heard George say on the phone.

"Yeah really great!" Clay beamed

"Thanks, guys!" I said excitedly.

"Sooo, tell me about these people!" Nick said, walking back over to his PC. I let a huge grin.

"Well one of them I met at the supermarket! Her name's Niki and she is such a nice person! I even gave her my phone number so we could meet up sometime!" I blabbered, leaning on the back of Nick's gaming chair. "And this boy who gave me directions to the supermarket,"

"Oooo does y/n have a boyfriend already?" Clay cooed. I could feel my face start to heat up as I covered my face.

"You're totally blushing y/n!" George cheered. They all erupted into cheeky giggles. I could feel myself turning redder and redder. 

"Shut up you pricks," I said before turning to leave. Nick turned around, a cheesy grin plastered across his face.

"Oh come on y/n we're jokinggg," Nick whined "So tell us about this boy"

I sighed and sat on his bed. I honestly was hesitant about talking about him, our encounter was so short he's probably forgotten it happened. But I knew Nick wasn't going to stop nagging unless I told them. 

"Well, he's just a little taller than me, brown hair and the most incredible brown eyes." I gushed, although I wished I never said the last bit because now I knew none of them were gonna let that go for a while. I didn't even notice my cheeks turning a shade of pink.

"That sounds awfully familiar," said Nick, he paused before gasping. "WAIT! Was he accompanied by a tall blonde boy by any chance?"

"Wait how did you know?"

Nick giggled "That's Toby, he's a sweet kid. That blonde kid was Tommy he's insanely loud but nice if you get to know him."

"How do you know them?" I asked, still shocked he knew them

"I used to do tutoring about a year ago and I tutored both of them" he smiled "Tubbo's a good one I approve." He winked at me

I rolled my eyes at him "Well he must be if he can reach your standard" I said sarcastically.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing nothing," I giggled. He frowned at me

"Anyway, I'm gonna go chill for a bit. Bye Clay! Bye George!" I sighed. I heard them both say goodbye in unison somehow before jinxing each other and arguing over who said it first. I sighed and rolled my eyes. They were almost 10 years older than me but still acted half my age. I shut the door behind me and wandered over to the living room to watch TV. After about an hour my phone buzzed. It was Niki!

Niki                                                                                                                                                                                               Hey its Niki! Just wondering if you were free for coffee? :)

You                                                                                                                                                                                                Oh hey :) That sounds great when and where?

Niki                                                                                                                                                                                               The Nether Star Cafe? 20 minutes?

You                                                                                                                                                                                                Sounds good, see you then :)

I pretty much lept off the sofa and rushed to my suitcase. I didn't have my own room so that was my wardrobe for now. I didn't mind though. I really wanted to impress Niki as she had complimented me on my style before. I settled on an outfit and got changed in the bathroom, before twirling in the mirror and doing my hair and makeup. 

"Damn I'm good," I said to myself in the mirror before realising the time

"Damn I'm good," I said to myself in the mirror before realising the time. I popped my head through Nick's door and told him my plan. He gave me a supportive smile and nodded. To be honest, I think he was relieved I was settling in so well. 

I grabbed my purse, phone and keys before heading out the door. On the short 5 minute walk, I started to feel incredibly anxious. What if she doesn't like my outfit? What if I disappoint her with my personality? What if it was all a prank and she doesn't show up? No. I've met Niki and it was great the first time. I can do this.

As I approached the cafe I saw her standing outside on her phone. I felt a wash of relief come over me as I approached her.

"Hey!" I said, trying to hide my nerves. They practically melted away when she gave me a huge smile.

"Hey, you made it!" She said excitedly "Holy shit your outfit is bomb!"

"Aww thanks, I love yours too" I beamed. We spent a couple minutes hyping each other up before heading into the coffee shop. I scanned the place and saw loads of unfamiliar faces. It was all very intimidating. Until I looked in the corner of the cafe at a small table.

Holy fuck. It was him

~A/N~

Word count - 981 words

Summary - Y/n gets home and gushes to Nick and his friends about Niki and Tubbo. When describing him, Nick recognises him as he used to tutor him. They tease y/n and then she gets a text from Niki asking to meet up. They arrange to meet at a cafe. Y/n arrives and her and Niki hype each other up a bit before going in. Y/n scans the room and sees Tubbo sitting in the corner with Tommy.

Hey everyone :)

I just wanted to thank you for the reads! It truly means the world to me that people enjoy my stories! I hope to be releasing the next chapter later tonight or in the morning (UK time). You know the drill eat, drink and wash people!

Thanks for the support love u guysss <3