Good Luck

Good luck forever and ever, You like me

Good luck forever and ever, I like you

Good luck, don't lose me, Lucky lucky

Good luck, I'm your, Lucky lucky

-Good Luck by AOA

...

Tobio woke up the next day and saw that Miwa was gone.

His papa informed him that Miwa already went back because she didn't want to intrude any more than she did.

It was the weekend and his papa decided that he would make the breakfast for the two of them. The two of them sat in the dining area, eating pancakes and some sliced fruits.

Tobio and his papa dined in silence when Kaito chose to address the elephant in the room.

"When you were sleeping earlier. Miwa and I talked."

Tobio stopped mid-way to bringing the forkful of pancake to his mouth. He put the fork down and turned to his papa. His face neutral but eyes full of worry.

"What did you talk about?"

"We come to an agreement that I would first take a look at Subaru's file. But from what I heard he doesn't have much time left, but we'll have him as comfortable as he could be. I've already emailed the hospital board of Tokyo Cross about it."

Tobio remained silent trying to absorb what his papa said. What does it mean? His papa, he's going to help that man?

"W-What about his Miwa and Aina-san?" Tobio tried to keep his voice level, tried to keep his emotions in check, "I-I don't want..!"

Tobio balled his fists and looked down. He – he doesn't like the idea of letting Miwa and his biological mother going back into their lives.

"That's what I want to talk to you about," Kaito replied looking at his son, searching for something within those blue eyes.

Tobio took a deep breath and whispered in reply, "Okay."

Kaito nodded and proceeded to ask the most difficult question, "What do you want to do about them?"

Tobio instantly clammed up.

What did he want to do?

Is it okay for his papa to ask him that? He's – he's an emotional mess, a bundle of nerves a shit show just waiting to happen.

"I... I don't want them to come back here..." Tobio started, choosing his words very carefully, in case he and his papa have different opinions. He couldn't afford for them to fight as well.

"I-I won't stop you from helping that person, you're a doctor and it's your duty. But I-I don't want them to live with us again. To intrude on our lives, our routine, our normal. T-This is our home, papa... I don't want-" Tobio shoved the forkful of pancake he planned to eat earlier on his mouth.

I don't want anything to do with them ever again.

He doesn't want to say it out loud because, despite all that happened, they're still family. Although their relationship is like this now – they had shared a connection, created memories together, loved and cared for each other once upon a time.

Kaito took one look at his son's conflicted face and he understood even though the younger won't admit it out loud.

And perhaps it would be for the best.

The two of them continued to eat in silence letting Tobio's words hang in the air for them to think about.

...