You Have More Friends Than You Know

A/N: Hiii! It has been a month since I first publised this work on AO3. Thank you all for the support, it really makes me happy <3 To celebrate, I would be doing a double update here. In a few hours, the next chapter would be published here. Enjoy <3

_______________________

You have more friends than you know

Some who surround you

Some you are destined to meet

You'll have more love in your life

-You Have More Friends Than You Know by Jeff Marx

...

Yachi Hitoka was something.

One day, Kiyoko-san arrived in the gym with the girl in tow. Tobio found out that she was a first-year as well and she is... a very nervous person.

When the members of the club crowded the door to greet her, poor Yachi-san looked like she's going to have an aneurysm. Tobio sort of understood, he might not look like it but being surrounded by people you don't know is pretty scary. Kiyoko-san asked them to back up and give Yachi-san space and to not approach her carelessly until she got used to being around them.

Another thing that Tobio found out about Yachi-san is she is very smart. She's from Class 5! All first-years had self-study so Hinata decided to drag Tobio to go to Tsukishima's class to teach them, not that Tobio needed to.

Since Tsukishima woke up that day and chose to be a dick, he of course refused. Saying that he only agreed to teach before and after club activities. Hinata begrudgingly gave up; thank goodness for Yamaguchi, he informed that two that Yachi-san was in the class next door and that she was pretty smart. Yamaguchi suggested if they can ask her.

Dumbass Hinata found the suggestion genius and proceeded to drag Tobio. Why he didn't smack the other yet was beyond him. Tobio finds the plan ridiculous. They'll just scare Yachi-san by barging in her classroom, Tobio was sure Yachi-san would panic about their names when they haven't introduced themselves yet.

He knows because he was like that. Tobio was bad with names and he can't remember how many times he got in trouble for it.

And Tobio had not been wrong.

Tobio could see the color leave Yachi-san's face when Hinata called out to her and then proceeded to talk about Tsukishima refusing to teach them, and he's wondering if she could teach them instead?

Tobio wanted to smack Dumbass Hinata, can't he see that Yachi-san was panicking?! Maybe sensing Tobio's intentions or seeing Yachi-san's face, Hinata proceeded to introduce himself and Tobio.

Another thing Tobio found out about Yachi-san is that she apologizes for the smallest things, and voices out her thoughts although unintentionally.

For some reason, Hinata was able to persuade Yachi-san to teach them, and while in the middle of teaching them Yachi-san somehow got the thought that Hinata was not a regular which had the boy squawking in disbelief.

Yachi-san apologized and lamented that she unintentionally judged someone because of their appearance. Tobio liked that. It just means that Yachi-san was trying to become a better person who does not judge others before knowing them.

...

During afternoon practice, Hinata bounded to Yachi-san screaming about being able to correctly answer 1/3 of the questions they had, all thanks to Yachi-san's teaching. Tobio silently agreed. Although he was being tutored by Oikawa and Iwaizumi, having another first-year teach the material was different. It was more relatable and less intimidating than having an upperclassman teach the material.