Make Me Proud

'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so proud of you

Everything's adding up, you've been through hell and back

That's why you're bad as fuck and you know you are

-Make Me Proud by Drake ft. Nicki Minaj

...

Tobio was currently lost and it was Dumbass Hinata's fault.

They were only supposed to run up to the mid-point of Heartbreak Hill but Hinata just kept on running and Tobio did not want to lose. By the time they stopped running, they realized that they were nowhere near Karasuno.

"Wakano san-chome," Tobio read the road sign, "Isn't that near Shiratorizawa?"

"You mean Ushiwaka's school?!" Hinata squawked.

"Do you need anything from me?" A deep voice asked. Both Tobio and Hinata froze up. Don't tell him... both teens turned slowly and there stood the Shiratorizawa's ace in all of his glory.

"JAPAN!"

...

Ushijima Wakatoshi is an arrogant guy. That arrogance is backed up by the fact that he was one of the top aces in the country and Tobio was stoked when Ushijima-san allowed him and Hinata to follow him to Shiratorizawa, only if they could keep up. That got Tobio fired up.

When they arrived, they got lost. Again. Because of Dumbass Hinata.

The other was distracted by horses and the enormous bus dedicated to Shiatorizawa's volleyball club that they lost sight of Ushijima-san. The two of them walked around and soon found themselves crouching on a window of the gymnasium that the volleyball club is practicing in.

And are those college students?

"Took you long enough," Tobio and Hinata turned to see Ushijima walking by them and to the entrance of the gym.

"I'm Karasuno High School's Kageyama. May I observe your practice?" Tobio asked standing up from his position to follow Ushijima.

"Kageyama... From Kitagaw Daiichi, huh."

"Yes, I failed to get into this school."

"I remember seeing how you played during middle school," Tobio frowned, "This school does not need a setter who can't devote himself to me, the ace."

What?

If Tobio was frowning, he was now scowling. Setters were the game makers, the ones who decide the flow of the game. Why would Tobio dedicate himself to one spiker? That was stupid and goes against everything he stands for in volleyball. He only tosses to those he deemed worthy. Tobio admits that Ushijima is a powerful player but he can't rely on him solely, something he learned in his stay in Karasuno.

Tobio, although still having trouble is learning to balance his 'kingly' tendencies and fully utilizing all of the players in the court.

"Pfft!" Tobio snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Hinata who snorted, "Yep, you definitely don't give off the feeling of 'devotion' at all."

"Hah?!"

"The Grand King is the same way, though. Even though he was the strongest setter in the prefecture," Hinata added.

"Oikawa got nothing to do with this," Tobio huffed. Why are they even talking about him?

"Oikawa... that guy is an excellent player, he should have come here." Oikawa would not like that if he heard that. During one of their tutoring sessions, Oikawa was growling how he saw Ushijima-san in a convenience store and then proceeded to pester him about going to Shiratorizawa.