"You could say that. I help out when I can." I should be helping my mum right now but from all the walking I did today, I've tired myself out. Besides, what I'm doing right now is much better. Come to think of it, Korra has met my family, spoke to them, laughed with them. I don't even know anything about hers besides the fact that her dad owns a really nice coat. Actually, I don't really know much about Korra herself.
"What about yours? what do your parents do?"

She's silent and for a moment I think the lines gone flat.
"Oh, you know office jobs that sort of thing."

"Joy.." I hum. What else could I ask?
"Who taught you how to play football or are you just naturally good?" Am I flirting? Is that flirting?

"As much as I'd like to say that I'm a natural. I'm not. I used to be horrible, I could barely kick the ball." She tells me and I giggle, imagining her falling flat on her face as she completely miss kicks a ball. I shouldn't laugh really, I'd probably be much worse.
"My dad taught me everything about that sport. Hence why I'm so good now."

She has a point. Even though that was a cocky remark I still laugh.
"That's true. Your dad must be a good teacher."

There's a silence again for a split second, as if she's pondering on something. The silence breaks with her small laugh and then she sighs into the phone.
"Yeah he was."

Was?
We chat for a bit longer about random things and I've found a little bit more about her. Her favourite colour is green which took me by surprise, I thought it might be blue or something considering her football boots are blue, and her pens, and her hair ties. I also know that she's been playing football ever since she was little which is a given. She met Kuvira by accidentally kicking a football into her face at a park and they've been friends ever since.

However that word kept replaying in my head. Was. Her dad was? Maybe it was just a fluke in her words, it would make sense since she doesn't pay attention in English lessons, she's bound to mess up her vocabulary right? No, that couldn't be it.. the way she sighed like that earlier pieces it all together.

"Asami!" My mum shouts from downstairs.

I sigh into the phone.
"Was that your mum just then?" Korra questions and it's like I know she's smiling on the other side of the phone.

"Yes." I say as I can hear my mum stomp up the stairs.
"I think I might have to go."

"No worries, I'll see you at school tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

"Tell your mum I said hi."

I laugh. That's not happening.
"Bye Korra."

My mum walks into my room as I put the phone down, after hearing a muffled 'goodbye' from Korra. She stands there with a raised eyebrow, her face completely smothered with car grease.
"Who were you just talking to?"

"Just Korra about the project." I reply and get up from my bed.

"Oh that lovely girl from earlier?"

That Lovely girl.
"Yes, her."

"She's so sweet, you should bring her round more often."
I smack my head in annoyance, how did Korra get my parents to like her in such little time? My mum puts her hands on her hips and chuckles slightly.
"Anyway, I need your help with the car."

"I don't understand why we don't just buy a new one." I huff and begin to tidy up my bed. I'd rather stay here and call Korra back.
"We've been trying for weeks and it's still not starting. Why don't you get dad to have a look?"

"Because he's looking at it right now. 3 pairs of hands are better than 1." She says and gestures for me to leave the room.
"Come on, we'll have it done in no time."