Qin Yu and Min working together just wasn't enough at all to beat him.

Mins abilities comprised mainly of two, one allowed her to control certain components of her environment in a fixed range. Whatever natural object that was within a kilometre of her, from plants to water, she could manipulate. The other ability allowed her to control shadows.

These two abilities were known as attributes and they formed her internal spirit.

On the other hand, Qin Yu's abilities were different, he didn't control the environment and he certainly didn't have poison. In fact he didn't have an attribute as they call it in Arshnix.

In Heiz, they used swords and practiced martial arts but their martial arts wasn't so simple, it involved the use of Qi which had a similar theory to spirit in that it is an internal force found in everything from humans to plants.

Normally, Qin Yu would not only strengthen his body with spirit but he would also infuse it into his sword but he didn't come to Arshnix with his sword and so he used a different technique  that his master taught him.

He concentrated his spirit, letting it flow towards his palms. Then he held out one of his hands as if he was holding a sword. In that hand a pure white light appeared, it first surrounded his body like a cloak, that was his aura. Then the light also began to take on the form of a sword in his hand.

Purely from his own spirit, he materialised a long sword and held it, it's edge was sharp and it's body glisteningly  beautiful. This was evidence of just how much work he'd put in on Heiz. Not just anyone could do this and not even his brothers could save for Zhang Jue who showed promise.

Qin Yu was ready to mount his attack, with his sword packed with spirit he slashed towards Rui and a brilliant arc of white light burst from it.

It was obviously a powerful attack but against Rui's scales it didn't even scratch them.

Qin Yu clicked his tongue. He charged towards Rui. In response Rui whipped its tail out. The cold scales met with Qin Yu's sword easily swatting it away.

Qin Yu drew a rune in the air and then he thrust his palm as if pushing the rune forward a blast was sent towards Rui.

Min on the other hand was facing Rui, she  manipulated the trees with her spirit and the ground trembled. The deep roots of the old trees broke free from the earths restraints and latched onto Rui, attempting to hold it down while the other roots scraped at Rui's scales. What she wanted to do was rip away the hard exterior so she could stab him but Rui chuckled at her efforts. His body released the vile poison and the trees started to blacken, rotting away instantly all the way to the leaves.

Rui hissed, he was the worst opponent for someone like Min especially since controlling shadows was an ability she only just learned meaning she mostly relied on her ability to control plants and water.

More thick tree roots burrowed out and raced towards Rui but the poison Rui sprayed from his mouth rendered them useless and they withered up.

Rui laughed why don't you both give up.... make it easier for yourselves

Min growled viciously at his words. She had her resolve, a legendary beast was going to end up dead today, either her or Rui.

Min was about to unleash another attack when her ears twitched. She stiffened and in that moment she was unable to dodge the sharp scales Rui fired. They dig into the side of her neck and leg. Min backed up a few steps and winced at the pain.

Yu!

Qin Yu heard her call and rushed over, deftly avoiding Rui's tail and then jumping in front of Min to block the scales.

His movements a were flawless and beautiful and it was as if he was in perfect sync with Min for that one moment.

When dealing with Qin Yu, Rui didn't spray poison since it wouldn't stop his swords attacks, instead he shifted his tail, bringing it forward.

This attack was different from the ones before, Rui raised its tail high and it looked as if it's scales had tightened around it. Then he brought it down heavily towards Qin Yu.

Qin Yu felt that this attack was more powerful and he instinctively backed up but he didn't dodge because Min was behind him and she seemed to be distracted. He raised his sword horizontally and supported it with his other palm, ready to receive the attack.

Rui's tail clashed against his sword and the impact travelled from his sword and through him to the ground. The ground beneath him broke as he sunk down because of the sheer force of Rui's attack.

The forest trembled and it was like a minor earthquake momentarily spread through its entirety.

On the other hand Min had turned away and her eyes locked on a small white fluffy figure with silver spots. The little body had curled itself up into a ball protectively and it trembled. Min could hear her son whimpering and crying in fear.

It seemed he had somehow been left behind.

.
.
.
.
.

When tremors suddenly shook the forest and scared the animals, Lee Hyunjin was still on his knees.

The mini earth quake seemed to have woken him out of his sorrows and he lifted his head. Right in front of him was a patch of blue-yellow flowers. He looked at them for a while, Qin Yu's words playing in his mind.

When he looked down, the children in his arms had wailed themselves to sleep. That's when Lee Hyunjin noticed something....

One

Two

Three

Minho, Minhee , Minjae and Min—

Minju wasn't there.

Lee Hyunjin frantically looked around him but Minju was not there no matter where he looked. He clearly remembered that when Qin Yu had patted their heads, Minju was in his arms.

So he must've fallen out when Qin Yu pushed him into the portal. Lee Hyunjin spent a few minutes panicking before he finally settled down.

"I need to go back and get him—

Don't come back here..... wait there for a little while and We'll come find you, I promise

Lee Hyunjin halted his faltering steps. He nodded his head silently before mentally telling himself to believe in them. If he went back he might just end up endangering the other three. He should wait and trust them. After all, if Minju was with them then he'd for sure be safe and that was even more of a guarantee that they'd come find him and the other kids.... right?

Lee Hyunjin hated how he couldn't go to them. He hated his ever average self that was useless at such a critical moment.

Tears again started to well up in his already puffy eyes. With blurry vision he looked down at the cubs sleeping in his arms.

"I— I was useless this time but I'll definitely.... I'll definitely protect you guys and I won't leave you," he muttered through gritted teeth.

"I promise and... even them.. they'll definitely comeback, they will," Lee Hyunjin kept incoherently muttering these words as he turned away from the patch of blue-yellow flowers, walking in the opposite direction.

Behind him a fierce battle was ensuing and a head of him a life unknown awaited.

Whilst others would call Ifvnar the poison forest and say it's the most dangerous place for any human, for Lee Hyunjin, Min, Qin Yu and the quadruplets, the poison forest was home and now they were split apart going away from the safety of their home.

Who knows if they'd ever meet again or if fate had looked cruelly upon this misfit family and decided to split them.

(A/N: If you like this story please remember to vote and leave a comment! See you in the next chapter!😁)