Chapter 49: True Happiness

Start from the beginning

He's probably downstairs

I don't know how long I took in staring at objects in my room before finally deciding to take a shower,a rather long one might I add, because by the time I stepped out of the bathroom,it was already two thirty, which means I had just about an hour to get ready.

I started by curling my hair with the hair curling machine thingy. After that,I put on my makeup carefully,to avoid staining my towel with foundation or something,I didn't put on lipstick yet because I wanted it to be the last thing. When I felt my makeup was flawless,I put on my underwear and finally,the dress. To crown the look, I wore my leopard print heels. I wore the necklace Jayson gifted me on my birthday.

Still so beautiful

Lastly I applied my red lipstick,smacked my lips together to spread it,and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. I looked at the time and it was 3:37pm.

Right on time.

Jayson would be here any moment from now so I grabbed a small clutch purse and put in it my handkerchief,a pack of pocket tissues,my lipstick,my phone and a small tube of hand sanitizer. Then I looked at the red gift box which I was going to give to my boyfriend as his Valentine's day gift.

My body splash got finished a few weeks ago and when I was shopping for one for myself, I came across a Versace cologne for men and I thought the smell was heavenly so I bought it.

Jayson has to love it

Dad was watching TV in the living room when I descended the stairs. As if on cue,the moment I got off the last step,the doorbell rang.

"Hey",I said when I opened the door for him.

"Hey Princess,is your dad in?"

"Yeah, he's here. Come in"

"Good afternoon Mr Summers", Jayson greeted my father

"How're you,son?"

"I'm fine sir"

"Good. Are you guys leaving?"

"Yes Dad", I responded

"Alright. Just pose by the staircase for one photo. Your mother asked me to take one."

Typical mom

"Um sure"

We did almost the same pose from homecoming but it didn't matter because that's how couples usually pose, right? Guy puts arm around girl's waist and they both give their million dollar smile.

"Okay Dad I'll see you later"

"Sure. Well, you're eighteen now and you don't need a curfew but please be responsible and come back home at a godly hour,and don't get drunk."

"Yes Dad. Do not worry, your little girl is all grown up now."

"Oh yes,she is"

I walked to him and gave him a peck on the cheek, "Bye"

"Have fun"

When Jayson and I were outside,he said,"You look nice"

I smiled,"So do you"

He was wearing a wine coloured suit with a shirt underneath,some slacks and a pair of sneakers

"Thanks."

"That reminded me."

"Happy Valentine's day",I gave him the gift

"Princess,you really didn't have to"