Too Persistent

◇Sasuke POV◇

That red, bubbly, glow behind the tree, the one that had just saved this murderers life. It was absolutely unmistakable.

Naruto...

Naruto, my old friend, had just save him...

"Naruto?" I barely muttered.

"Deidara, tell me if you see anything that isn't normal, alright?!" He demanded.

He wasn't even paying attention too me. The Akatsuki had him wrapped around its finger, why couldn't he understand that?!

I was weak and bruised, and I could barely stand up straight. I was in no condition to fight.

"Naruto! Can't you see it?! The Akatsuki are using you! Have you forgotten about their goals?!" I shouted.

He snarled at me in disgust.

"What makes you think you know anything, Sasuke?!" He started. "How are you supposed to know how I feel, when you weren't the one who's been with the Akatsuki for 3 years?!"

3 years?! The amount of trust someone could build in 3 entire years...

"They just want the Kyuubi, Naruto!"

"Yes, and nearly killing my best friend will make me believe you."

Best friend?!

How am I supposed to get through to Naruto?! He knows what they want and he still sided with them, he even saved one of the them for goodness sakes!

This might be my only chance to bring Naruto back, but I'm too weak. Why did I waste so much energy, I could have stalled until someone came, but instead I tried to fight by myself.

"Naruto, it's fake! Think about it, they had the Nine-Tails power at their disposal for 3 years! That's the only reason your still ali-"

I was quickly cut off as Naruto aggressively grabbed my neck and pushed me into a tree. The menacing coat of chakra practically burned my neck as I struggled for air.

"I am NOT just the Nine-Tails, you hear me?!" He shouted angrily.

"Everyone in Konoha thought of me as a monster and a weapon for what I have inside of me. And your just like each and every single one of them."

I was being compared to Naruto's tormentors, but I didn't mean what I said like that...

"I am Naruto Namikaze, not the Kyuubi, not a weapon, and not a monster!"

He disappeared into ash with Deidara. I let myself fall to the floor.

I sighed in defeat and frustration. I didn't know what to think anymore. Naruto was so invested in the Akatsuki, I didn't know how I would save him. I began to fade out of consciousness.

○Time Skip○

My eyes fluttered open, only to see the plain white roof, and the sound of steady beeps to my right. I was in the hospital.