Chapter 25- Trouble

A/N: Let's start the drama shall we?

"You motherfuckers."

         "We were drunk!"

         "Are you out of your freaking minds?!"

         "We're sorry! Help us, please! Y/N! Captain Levi will kill us!" Jean, a cadet from Eren's group begged you as you entered the infirmary to start work. It was early in the morning when you were blocked by the cadets in front of the common hall after breakfast and confessed to you their drunken mistake.

         You shook your head at them in disbelief. "You shaved his horse." You said smacking Jean on the back of the head. "Why would you that? You know he treats that stallion as if it's his own child." You asked them, almost feeling pity for kids. They're right, Levi would kill them.

         "P-please, Y/N! Could you talk to Captain Levi and tell him it was an accident?" Armin asked you as he tugged on the sleeves of your shirt. You always had a soft spot for the poor boy. Your gaze softened as you patted him on the head. He reminds me of the children back at the orphanage. You thought.  Tousling his soft blonde baby fine hair.

         Your hands froze as you remembered that this innocent looking child could turn into a colossal titan at any moment. You slowly withdrew your hand sighing. "Go tell him yourself. He's right behind you." You weakly smiled at them nodding your head towards Levi who just entered the infirmary.

         Levi frowned seeing you surrounded by the cadets, some of them holding onto your clothes as they ran to hide behind you. "What the fuck are you brats doing here?" He asked walking towards you, glaring at the scared cadets.

         "We- we were just-" Sasha stuttered behind you, a piece of bread still hanging from her lips. "JEAN SHAVED YOUR HORSE, SIR!" Connie suddenly yelled out loud giving Levi a trembling salute. Levi stopped in front of you his gaze darkening at the cadets who were avoiding his glare.

         You rolled your eyes and reach a hand to Levi interlocking your fingers with his. Levi immediately turned his gaze towards you as he squeezed your hand in his. "Levi, don't terrorize the children. The horse's hair will grow back." You attempted to calm him down. Your smile trembled as Levi frowned at you.

         "Children? I wasn't aware we adopted a bunch of brats." He murmured tilting his head towards the cadets behind you. Your eye twitched, turning your head behind you. "Go. Away." You mouthed to the troublemakers. "So, what are you doing here so early?" You asked Levi, distracting him as the cadets scattered and ran out of the infirmary.

         Levi handed you a set of papers as he fixed your shirt which was crumpled from the cadets tugging and holding on to it for dear life. "Erwin said we'll have a meeting to talk about what to do with the books we found in the basement." He said while you scanned the documents, frowning at a particular line on the paper. "Tour and introduction of new recruits? Its already that time of the year?" You asked raising an eyebrow at Levi.

         He chuckled at your expression. "Time to raise new ducklings." Levi told you with a teasing glint in his eyes, giving you a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you later at the training grounds." He murmured as you nodded absentmindedly already thinking of who to sacrifice to orient the new recruits about the infirmary and being a Medic Scout. Seth would be the best choice. You thought to yourself as you bid Levi goodbye.

         You spent the rest of the morning in the infirmary until afternoon came and you had to go to the training grounds to meet the new group of recruits. I wonder if we'll get new medics this year. You wondered as you walked through the halls.

         "Yo, Y/N!" You hear a familiar voice holler behind you. Turning around, you saw Hange running to catch up with you. "Heading to the grounds? I'm so excited to meet the new recruits! I hope they're as interested in titans as we are." She said, skipping as she walked beside you.

         "I don't think anyone's as interested about titans as you are, Hange." You replied laughing lightly. You squinted against the afternoon sun as you and Hange exited the building and started walking towards the training grounds where the new recruits are lined up.

         You approached the podium where Levi and Erwin were already standing at overlooking the young cadets. You greeted Erwin with a salute and sent an inconspicuous wink to Levi who was standing on the other side of the Commander.

         You stood beside Erwin with Hange on your other side as you scouted the new recruits. Young men and women stood before you with determination in their eyes. "We have a good crop this year." You whispered as Hange nodded, agreeing with your observation. "I want that tall brown-haired kid. He looks like Bean." Hange replied making you frown at your titan-obsessed friend.

         "Good afternoon, soldiers. Today, I officially welcome you to the Survey Corps. You will be oriented to the different departments and tasks in the regiment. At the end of the day, you can decide where you want to be assigned. Of course, your skills will be taken into consideration as well. So I suggest you choose wisely." Erwin announced beside you.

         You stifled a yawn as Moblit scolded Hange for likening a human to a titan. "If you have any questions, you may raise a hand." Erwin said. A young woman at the front row raised her hand as the Commander nodded at her. "Cadet Lizbeth, Sir!" The soldier said, placing a fist over her heart in salute. "I would like to ask if we were to join the Assault Squad, can we choose which group we can join?" She asked with a suspicious shine in her eyes.

         "It will depend on your skills and capabilities." Erwin replied firmly. "But if you are determined to join a specific group, it will depend on the Squad Captains to accept you." He continued looking over the group.

         "Understood, Commander! Then I would like to dedicate myself to the Levi Squad." The young cadet said, her eyes gazed at Levi with adoration. "I admire Captain Levi and would like to learn from him!" She confidently said without taking her eyes off from Levi.

         You scoffed at the young woman. Admiration my ass. You thought to yourself as Hange whistled beside you. "Ohhhhhh, Levi's in trouble." She said, apparently, having the same thoughts as you do. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Hange whispered to you, placing a palm on your shoulder.

         "I am. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Maybe it's just harmless admiration." You whispered back. Biting your cheek as the young woman blushed when Levi turned to her. "Yeah... I don't think so." Hange muttered.

         "No." You hear Levi bluntly reply. Cadet Lizbeth's face fell at his refusal. "I don't want another burden in my group. Having a titan shifter under my watch is already a handful." Levi continued as he turned around and walked away.

         You smirked internally as the Commander coughed to diffuse the awkward atmosphere. "You may follow your seniors for the tour of the camp. You may leave now." Erwin announced as he too left the podium. You and Hange followed suit.

         "So what do you think?" Hange teasingly taunted as the both of you followed Erwin to the meeting room. "I think we should focus on planning the next mission rather than who likes who." You muttered. An uncomfortable feeling in your gut as you remembered how the pretty young cadet stared at Levi.

         "Right. The next mission outside the walls. I hope nothing bad happens." Hange mused beside you. Yeah, me too. You thought, sighing as you recalled how you used to gaze at Levi the exact same way the young cadet did.

A/N: Might upload the next chapter later if I finish early! <3