"Lazzaro, honey, you said you were a professor? What kind?" mum tries to include Laz in a conversation since dad and Gio are talking about the politics in Italy for some reason. Laz quickly chews the piece of bread he has in his mouth and nods.

"Yes. I've been teaching Italian at Georgetown for a couple of years, but I'm currently in the process of transferring to a new job," he explains to mum in short lines and she seems puzzled for a short moment.

"Sorry for asking, but didn't you say you were 23? That seems like a young age to be teaching at a university."

He nods again. "It is, but I graduated college at 18, and by the time I was 20 I got my doctorate. It wasn't long after that that I landed my first job." 

Mum looks amazed by his accomplishments but then turns to me.

"You hear that, Willa, honey? He graduated at 18," she tells me with a grin and it takes everything in me not to groan.

I know what you're trying to do, mum. I know I'm not a genius like Laz.

Shooting her a look, she ignores me and strikes a convo with Jade about the wedding catering.

As I listen to them chatter, Laz leans to my side and whispers in my ear, "You okay?"

"Yeah," I put a smile on my lip, which assures Laz. 

The dinner continues without any problems, just as before. Dad switches up and strikes a few conversations with Lazzaro while mum asks Giovanni about his mum and what she's like. The food's slowly but surely disappearing and when it comes to an end at around 7pm, everyone takes the chatting to the living room while Jade and I quickly clean up. While we do so, she tells me about the dress she finally chose and shows me a picture of her in it. Being in awe with it is an understatement.

Pearl white, lacey and mermaid style with long train, long sleeves and a low back—it's simply stunning. I don't doubt it that everyone will see her as a princess on the big day.

Still in amazement by the dress, I follow Jade into the living room after we're done with the dishes and make a mental note not to spill anything to Gio about the details of the dress. They say it's a bad luck if the groom knows. Or sees.

"You should visit Italy after the wedding then." We plop on the couch as Gio suggests to my dad after he told him he's never been there. Dad ponders for a hot second and then clasps his hands in excitement, agreeing.

Mum laughs at his childish behavior, as does Jade. Christopher has put us on ignore, though, as soon as he turned on his iPad so he isn't as cheery.

"What do you say, Willa?" dad looks at me, a beaming smile running across his face.

I'm ready to say yes when Lazz looks at me, reminding me of his proposal.

"I'd love to, dad, but Lazz actually invited me to Paris for a week right after the wedding." I tell him apologetically and he frowns.

"Why haven't you mentioned that? Did you think on asking us first? " he raises a brow at me.

He doesn't usually forbid us anything, but ever since the whole fiasco with Jade and I, he's been overprotective over us. He's just scared of something like that happening again so he's being careful and I don't really blame him for acting like this.

I open my mouth to answer him, but Lazz beats me to it.

"That's my fault, sir. I only asked her this morning and I assume she just didn't have the time to tell you." Lazz lies for me.

The truth is, for a week I thought of telling my parents a few times about it, but I didn't know how they'd react. I knew for sure they wouldn't be too happy to let me go to Paris for a couple weeks after what had just happened a month ago.

"Between lunch, playing with Christopher and preparing the dinner, it totally slipped my mind." I join Lazz and watch dad's reaction. He sighs.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow," is the only thing he says, which means he'll probably agree in the end, but will be grumpy for a few days about it.

I look at Lazz, who shoots me a sweet smile, telling me not to worry about it.

Half an hour later, Christopher becomes a little sleepy so he and mum walk upstairs so she can put him to bed. Knowing him, he'll stay awake for probably a little while longer watching youtube on his tablet, though.

Lazz, then, tells us he should head out just as mum returns. He says goodbye to everyone and I get up to walk him to his car.

It's around 8 pm, but the weather is a little bit colder than last night. Lazz sees me shivering as we approach his car parked on the street and hugs me, letting himself lean on the hood of the car.

"You should head back, tiger. It's cold." he tells me, but I just snuggle closer to him as his cologne invades my senses.

Jeez, why does he always smell so good?

"I know, I'll go inside in a minute," I tell him and pull back to land a quick kiss on his lips. Lazz smiles and gives me back a proper, longer and legs–weakening one. The movement of our lips is synchronized, bodies are glued to each other and hearts are beating fast. 

When we both pull apart to take a breath, I notice Lazz has that look in his eyes, the one that makes you smile and realize how much that man actually holds love, adoration and care for you, the one look every girl deserves.

I can't help but kiss him one more time before I let him get in the car.

Lazz breaks the kiss only to land one on my forehead instead and then unlocks the car.

"Drive safely and text me when you get home," I tell him as he starts the car.

"Deal," Lazz sends me a last smile for the night before driving down the road.