"Me? Lazy? Says the girl who kept me up all night"

"Hey! You called me. Not the other way around. Hypothetically speaking, you kept me up all night"

"Whatever"

He tore a piece of paper, wrapped it into a ball and threw it at me. I giggled.

"Wait, you guys spoke on the phone throughout the night?' Chidera asked me

Wait, she was listening all along? Ah Chidera! Always looking for gist.

"Yeah" Justin replied "So?"

"Ah ah. So soon? How did you get her number?"

"From the sky" I answered with an eye roll.

I hissed at her. Justin chuckled.

The next thing I know, she went close to Maya and started whispering to her. Maya and her friends opened their mouths in shock.

"How did they exchange numbers?" Maya asked her.

A normal person wouldn't have heard the conversation. I could hear it because of my earphones

"I've been trying to ask him for it" Maya continued.

"That Ada girl will be acting all innocent. Deep down, she's an ashawo" Laura said.

Ashawo means prostitute/hoe/slut

Me? A prostitute? Just because I got a guy's number in a few days and they didn't. I shook my head. Unbelievable.

My mind went back to me and Justin's phone call last night. We talked nonstop for hours.

*flashback*

I laid stomach down on my bed with my legs swinging in the air as I talked to Justin

"I believe aliens do exist" I told him.

"Me too"

"What if the stars are actually cameras that aliens use to watch us?"

Justin gasped.

"You're a fucking genius. What if we're actually a human zoo for them?"

"True!"

Ï rolled on the bed as we spoke. I couldn't stay in one particular spot. I moved from one place to the other.

I got up from my bed then went to the window side. From there I moved to my door, then to the couch then I paced round the room then back to the bed.

"What did you have for dinner?" I asked him.

"Berry blast and bread with peanut butter"

I shook my head.

"Is that food?"

"Of course, it is"

He yawned.

"We should get some sleep" he said.

The time was 2:00am. We should. I have to be up as early as 5:30am today.

"Okay"

"Can't wait to see you though"

"Same here"

"Good night"

"Good night"

*end of flashback*

After three periods passed, it was time for short break. As usual, everyone filed outside to get snacks from the cafeteria.

"Aren't you going down?" I asked Justin.