The Deception

What Kongpob and Arthit didn't see is the little girl, wearing old fashioned clothes, standing near the door, holding her doll.

Kongpob poured water into two glasses and passed one to Arthit. Both of them were confused about what happened in there. Kongpob was the first to break the silence.

"What did you see?"
Arthit glanced at his boyfriend with a questioning look.

"I know you saw something. You looked petrified. You don't have to hide anything just to pacify me P. Tell me, what was it."

Arthit swallows hard and starts speaking.
" I saw a little girl, Kong. Maybe around five or six years old. Her clothes were old as from 80's or 70's. Her skin was so pale as there wasn't any blood in her body. There were dark patches all over her. The look on her face......"

Kongpob looks up at Arthit and hugs him. Arthit continues, hugging him back,
" I don't have words to explain it Kong....."
His words trails off as they hear giggles of a girl.

They can hear soft, hurried footsteps running over the floor. They both look over the kitchen counter. And they see it.

There in the darkened hallway, they see a child hidden in the shadows, just as Arthit described. She is staring at them.

Arthit and Kongpob don't move or breathe. Arthit tightens his hold on Kongpob.

Then suddenly the girl bolts, disappearing into the living room.

Gathering every speck of courage, they step into the living room.

They could see the city through the glass wall. The long curtains covering half of the view.

Then Kongpob points at something. A pair of small shoes protruding slightly beneath the curtain, as if someone is trying to hide behind it. They could make out a silhouette of a child behind it.

Heart pounding, Kongpob extends his hand to draw the curtains.

Turns out it was just a discarded pair of shoes. There is no one behind the curtains.

Thud!!

Startling both of them, a child bursts out, from behind the couch, as if she was hiding there, giggling. As Kongpob staggers back, she runs into the previous bedroom.

Then all is quiet and still.

Kongpob and Arthit were unsure of what to do. They stand numb, frozen to the spot.

Arthit bolts up the hallway after the girl, panicked, ignoring his boyfriend's pleas. He hesitates to open the door.

"P, you are right. There is something in here. Let's leave....come on....", Kongpob tries to drag away his boyfriend. Kongpob has a nasty feeling about this. His P seems to be in trance.

Arthit throws the door open with a thrust. The view right in front of them strike the fear into their hearts.

There was the same girl lying in the bed under the cover, and a woman in her early twenties singing a lullaby in a hushed voice. The lady has her back towards them. She has long black hair, flowing as if made of mist. They can make out that her skin is also just like the child.......resembles the dead.