Episode 28

We all continued to go to S on Friday's, even though the tournament and creepy schedules beefs were over and Adam wasn't trying to kill Reki or... whatever he was trying to do to Langa, we didn't have much time or reason to meet up with each other outside of S. But, we managed anyways, and always met up with each other when we did come. We still all had each others numbers, and Miya would constantly call me if Reki wouldn't answer his text within two minutes.

This particular Friday, Miya texted us all and said we had to come to S - emphasis on the 'had' and when we showed up, Shadow was sniffling and telling everyone how the other day when he finally decided to confess to the woman he loved, he saw her with another guy.

Me and Reki both cringed hard, and then all of us quickly gave our condolences, as if the woman had died. Then, he went off to skate and was literally sobbing. It actually made me feel horrible, because I mustered up a ton of courage to confess to Reki. If I had gotten rejected like Shadow had, I don't know what I'd do.

Reki took a breath, "Jeez... I can't imagine how horrible that was."

"I probably would have been the same if you had rejected me." I snickered.

"Wh- hey, don't  think about weird things like that!"

Then, the next day, Miya called everyone again and said his old best friend told him to meet him at the skate park later, and really there was no point in him telling us this but he was so excited so we all just played the supportive older sibling part. So while he was out hanging with his friends from school, I was busy waiting for food.

Kaoru, Kojiro and Adam were back at it again with their usual routines and work schedules, but it was still never uncommon for Kaoru to come and get food from my brothers restaurant. Even if they were practically at each others throats all the time, my brother made good fucking food. Unfortunately, though, even though my brother was a good cook he was also a womanizer. So here I was with Kaoru in the restaurant, wanting to buy some food before it gets busy, and this girl is clinging to my brother as he shows her around like a creep.

"I can't believe my big brother is an absolute pervert." I announced, nonchalantly.

"Well, I'm not surprised." Kaoru scoffed, and I glanced at him, "Hey, you gorilla! You have customers!"

"Eh? Oh, hey, Kaoru! Yuri!"

"Who are they? A double date?"

I gaped and Kaoru cringed more than I've ever seen him do so before, "No. I'm Kojiro's ex."

I did, in fact, choke on my spit.

"You-you're gay?!" The girl squeaked.

Kojiro sputtered, "N-no- I mean- what?!- No! Kaoru!"

The uncaring pinkette just shrugged, and I quietly followed as he found himself a seat, sitting down beside him and copying his shit disturbing look.

"I want pudding, and two of them, so I can bring one to Reki after."

"My usual, please."

-

After I'd finished, I left Kaoru with a kind goodbye and a quick thanks to my brother for the food. I headed off towards Reki's house, which was just far enough for me to be tired and hungry again by the time I got there. I texted him that I was there, as it was getting late and his little sisters might already be asleep. The door flung open and he grinned in surprise,

"Hey! You didn't have to come all the way out here so late just to give me this."

I smiled at the sight of him, his bandana was off, "I wanted to."

He chuckled, ushering me in the house and walking with me to his room, "Did you miss me? Having lunch together wasn't enough?"

"H-hey! That's different from... something like this. Even at school, we can't do much, and there's still other people around, so I'm afraid to say certain things-"

"Like what?" He asked, glancing over to me.

"L-l-l-like, how, I think you're cute, and handsome, and you know - just general compliments."

"You know what..." He cleared his throat,  "Yeah, it might be a bad idea for you to say those things at school after all."

I walked into his room and flopped down on his bed, taking a moment to breath in his sent without being too obvious. Luckily, he didn't notice, or if he did he didn't say anything. He sat down beside me and leaned on his hands, and for a few minutes we were quiet. It was oddly peaceful though, and I could fall asleep if I wanted, but I just laid there and stared at Reki's hand.

"Don't fall asleep yet, Yuri." Reki finally spoke as I poked his pinky, and he lifted his hand to hold mine, "Sit up for a sec."

I did as told, still holding on to his hand, he leaned to the side and pulled something up from the end of the bed, "I didn't have time to wrap it, but, all those extra shifts I've taken at the shop were to make sure I finished this on time. When I found out your birthday was less than a month away, I knew I didn't have a lot of time. Also, I didn't expect you tonight, so I was gonna surprise you with this wrapped tomorrow. But I guess giving it on the day of is better after all."

My eyes widened as my hand left his and I reached for it, "No way..." I flipped it and ran my hand over it, "Reki... you made me my own board?!"

"Yeah. Do you like it? I had Langa, Miya and Joe help out too. Actually, Cherry is really opinionated-"

My eyes teared up as I dropped the board on my lap and threw my arms around him, "I love it!"

He chuckled, and took the board from me, setting it aside again so he could hug me back properly. I readjusted our position and pressed my head to his chest, listening to his beating heart. He tightened his grip for some reason, and I shut my eyes as his warmth spread to me.

Right now, I could say anything. I could bring up the day he slammed into me at school for the second time, but ended up with his hand on my boob- and then I could watch his face flare and listen to him stutter another apology.

I could mention the time we walked home together and laughed, even though he was dejected and his arm was in a sling. And then I could tell him all about my martial arts experience and the dojo, and maybe I could bring him there one day. He'd brought me so much more joy with skating, so maybe I could bring him a little bit of the joy I felt in fighting too.

I could talk about the day we went to the beach, when I lifted his bandana and looked into his gorgeous gold-brown eyes, when he gave me his tank top jacket. Then, maybe he'd talk about how pretty I looked more honestly.

"Hey, Yuri?"

"Yeah?"

He didn't say anything, so I lifted my head, "What is it?"

"Nothing, really." He muttered, just looking at my face. He smiled, and then leaned forward and pressed his lips to the corner of mine, "I just like you."

"I like you too." I smiled, pressing my lips to his again, it was still a little sloppy and I don't even think it could be considered a real kiss, but it was still sweet. Our lips still touched, and that's all I really cared about.

Somehow, my wild plan to get together with Reki actually worked.