「 Chapter 23 」

Start from the beginning

Still, Matthew could not get those words out of his head. Monster. Demon. Beast.

They were right; no matter how much he tried to hide his past, it would always come back to haunt him. The hate he endured in his childhood pushed him to do terrible things. His reputation would forever remain as a cruel, merciless barbarian.

Quite a contrast from the angel who awaited him back home.

——————————

Madeline hummed cheerily as she frosted her cake; baking had always been her love language. She was aware that her mate was not the biggest fan of cakes, so she settled to make it small and minimalist.

Stepping back from the counter, she admired her work. "It's so cute." She hoped Matthew would appreciate it, as well as the dinner she had prepared for him.

The sound of the garage door opening caught her attention. She had not heard that sound in weeks.

A bright smile spread on her face; he was back.

Not even bothering to take off her baking apron, she ran to the garage door entrance. Matthew had barely made it into the house before she leaped onto him, engulfing him in a hug. She wrapped her legs around his waist, his hands swiftly reaching down to grab under her thighs and hold her in place.

They stayed in this position for a few minutes, rejoicing in the feeling of being in each other's arms after so long. Neither of them spoke; the only sound they heard was their hearts faintly beating against each other.

"Welcome back," Madeline finally whispered, pulling her head away from his shoulder to look at him.

Matthew stared at her face, taking in all her lovely features. "God, you have no idea how much I missed you." His face dug into her neck, breathing in her sweet vanilla scent as he walked further into the house, still holding her in his arms.

"Are you hungry? I made dinner for us."

He nodded, smiling at how caring she was. "Thank you, princess."

The couple ate together, talking about how the past weeks have been. Matthew ended up enjoying his cake very much, because he knew how much love his mate had put into it.

The night fell quickly. By the time they had finished their meal, it was late. While his mate was taking a shower, Matthew laid on the bed wistfully.

Monster. Demon. Beast.

The words refused to leave his mind. Placing his head in his hands, he slowly rubbed his temples, trying to quell the bad thoughts.

Madeline walked into the bedroom, her head tilting curiously at his distressed state. "Are you okay, Matthew?"

His head lifted up to look at her. She wore a thin, white nightgown that reached her mid-thighs. He studied her small figure from head to toe, before his stare landed on her beautiful, visibly worried face. "How can she look so innocent, yet so tempting?"

"Come." He patted the mattress. Eagerly, Madeline climbed onto the bed; after all these weeks alone, she desperately craved the feeling of laying next to her mate. His strong arms pulled her on top of him, while he reached to the side to off the lights.

Despite his obvious joy from being reunited with his mate, Madeline could sense that something was off. She frowned, readjusting herself so they were facing each other.

"Is something bothering you?"

His hand reached up to cup her small face, brushing his thumb over her cheek. "I'm just... thinking."

"Thinking about what?"

"About how I don't deserve to be with an angel like you."

She blinked, her eyebrows creasing in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm not a good person, Madeline. I've done terrible things in my life. Things that you would hate me for."

"No, I would never hate you. I don't care about your past, you're a good person now, and that's all that matters."

The corners of his lips curved up in a smirk. "See? Such an angel, you'll forgive anything. You're too kind, too pure for me."

She shook her head. "Stop saying that. I love you, and I want to be with you forever."

"So do I, doll."

"Exactly. So don't ever think about that again."

He chuckled. "As you wish, my princess." Deep down, he knew she was right. Though they seemed to be complete opposites, they were perfect together. She brought him the light and joy he had constantly been missing in his life, and he vowed to keep her safe and take care of all her needs. They were made for each other.

His gaze flickered down to lips. "How long had it been since I had last kissed her? Way too long."

Matthew sat up against the headboard, his mate straddling his lap. Their lips connected in an intense, fervent kiss, her hands gripping his hair while his found their way around her waist, pulling her even closer.

Ever since Madeline had been turned into a wolf, their kisses had felt so much more... passionate. The sensation overwhelmed her, leaving her wanting more.

But she did not even know what more meant.

A small whimper of frustration escaped her as she subconsciously grinded her hips against his. He groaned, pulling away from the kiss.

"Don't do that, my love." His voice was distinctly deeper, clouded with lust.

She pouted, staring into his darkened eyes. "I want more."

"More kisses?"

"No." She swallowed thickly, trying to find the right words. "... Is there something we can do, more than kissing?"

He arched a brow, another smirk creeping onto his face. "There's a lot of things we can do, but I'm not sure if you're ready for that."

She shivered as his nose trailed down her neck, before he planted a kiss right where he had marked her. "I'm ready."

Matthew could smell her desire, though he knew she probably had no idea what she was feeling. His hands moved down to her thighs, slowly slipping under her nightgown. "If you want me to stop, just tell me, alright?"

"Please don't stop." She leaned closer, brushing her lips against his. "I want this."

a/n: "we were robbed" uhh yeah sorry lol.

i was always hesitant on writing smut. i have never done it before and don't really feel comfortable doing it. i know it's like a big thing on wattpad, it seems many people only read stories for the smut (and i've seen a few of you adding this to your '18+ reading lists' lmao). 

i'm very sorry to disappoint, but there is only one chapter left of this story, so might as well stick around and finish it, right?