Thirteen

Kenadee knew that she would have to tell her mum that she was pregnant again. But she also knew that she didn't care what Rachel would have to say. She was keeping the baby. And she was determined to make everything work for her and her two kids.

When she woke that morning, she smiled as she saw Emily asleep next to her. Kenadee knew it would be hard for Emily having a new baby around. Especially one that would take her time away from her.

The door opened and Neve walked in. "Amelia is with Tom. So I thought I'd spend some time with my pretty princess," she said as she tickled Emily.

Emily opened her eyes and whined. Neve picked her up and smiled. "Oh I'm sorry pretty girl. I thought you were playing sleeping lions."

"No I seeping," Emily mumbled as she laid back down in her mummy's bed.

Neve grinned. "Her speech has come on so well. She's clever. She must get that from her daddy," she said.

Kenadee nodded. "Yeah. But she misses him. And.. I do too. But he broke us. And now I'm left with two kids."

"Mummy baby!"

Neve frowned as she looked at Kenadee. "She knows?"

Kenadee shrugged. "It seems so. But I don't know how. I haven't talked about it with anyone," she said.

****

Kenadee went downstairs with Emily. She watched as her daughter toddled towards her toys. Taking Neve with her.

Kenadee walked into the kitchen. She smiled. "Mum. Can we talk?" She asked.

Rachel smiled and nodded. "Of course love. Is everything okay?"

Kenadee sighed as she looked at her. "I'm pregnant. I've made up my mind already. And I'm going to keep the baby. But I have it all sorted. I'm going to have the baby. And then work on becoming a teacher."

Rachel was shocked. She looked at her daughter. "Kenadee. It takes three years to become a trainee teacher. You will have a four year old and a three year old should your pregnancy be healthy. Can you do that?"

"Yes. I can do it. Look. I don't have Max anymore. And that's down to you. So the least you can do is support me with this. I love this baby already. And I'll be a good mum to them both. I know I will."

Rachel sighed and nodded. "I'll support you. As long as you continue to do as well as you have been."

"I promise."
****

Neve had been playing with Emily. She smiled as she saw her sister. "Well?"

"Mum said she will support me as long as I continue doing my work. And I've said I will."

Neve grinned. "The fact you're going to have two kids is awesome. Do you have any names?"

"As bad as it sounds, I do. Max and I talked about it. But Esmè-Neve for a girl. And Kaiden-Max for a boy. I'm hoping a girl."

Neve smiled and nodded. She held her sister close. Both of them unaware of how Kenadee was going to face a downward spiral.