KH2!Riku x Reader ~ The Boy Within

|| FLUFF ||

[UNEDITED]

WORDS: 1457

I expanded more on the beginning because I felt the oneshot would be too short, sorry X)

REQUESTED BY: Anime123miku

-

Reader's POV
The World That Never Was; a home to Organization XIII. I didn't know what I was expecting when we arrived to this newfound world. A dark sky with a heart-shaped moon was the least of what I expected. But, when my very eyes made contact with the illuminating surface of the moon, my heart pulsated. I felt we were close, so close to reaching our friends.

To reaching Riku. 

How I longed to be in his arms again. I felt we were separated for far too long as our relationship was never usually this distant, and now we're almost there. I hope, at least.

We unsurprisingly experienced casualties regarding the presence of Nobodies that seemed to resemble the members of Organization XIII. My skills with Sora and the others altogether easily overpowered the foes and so we travelled further and further into the Organization's stronghold. More Nobodies - no surprise. We fended them off, looking for each other's backs in the meantime as we continued to progress to the castle. 

Sora temporarily disappeared in the process- but the moment he returned he claimed there was someone who defeated Riku which caused my heart to beat loudly in my ears. No one could ever defeat Riku, I had thought to myself, but only time will tell when we actually reach him. That way, we could confirm. 

When we arrived in front of the castle, there wasn't a path we could cross. However, a crystallised bridge that materialised through the power of Sora's Keyblade gave us the road we needed. We then entered the stronghold and fought past enemies and continued to make our way to the top. Two Organization members blocked our path, and we were forced to fight one of them when one left the scene. But, that wasn't what concerned me. Beforehand, after the blue-haired male summoned forth Heartless from all sides, Kairi appeared. 

She was on a platform at the top and jumped down to reach us. Talk about recklessness, since she immediately got pummelled by masses of Heartless. However, what surprised me even more was the fact Ansem helped her up. He even lent her a Keyblade as the two fought then with each other. The notion didn't seem right to me. It was confusing as to why a past enemy was now aiding a friend of ours. An enemy we defeated, nonetheless. 

I didn't let the thought cloud my mind since we now had to deal with a sharpshooter, though. Questions later, focus on what's happening now. I repeated in my head. 

After for what seemed like hours but was only a few minutes, we defeated the Nobody. The man who kept replacing Sora's name with 'Roxas'. He disintegrated into particles of darkness and disappeared without an answer to Sora's question. The brunette was definitely confused with this whole ordeal - I was too. But we immediately prioritised Kairi and left through the door to meet up with her. 

"Kairi, you were great!" Donald complimented as soon as we arrived. I smile and agree, looking towards Ansem who simply turned away when he met my gaze. I tilt my head confused when I take note of his guilty expression but I decide to ignore it and focus on the others, instead. Sora and Kairi walk towards each other and have a rather heart-warming reunion as Kairi justifies her reasoning for searching for us. The two hug and that's when Ansem summons a portal. Almost immediately, they let each other go as Sora finally acknowledges him. 

"Wait, Ansem! I mean, Xehanort's Heartless." Oh, right. The title completely slipped out of my mind and I forgot he was just another entity. I watch as the man stops, indicating he was listening. "I never thought for a second that I'd ever see YOU again." Sora faces him. "Just thinking about all the things you did makes me really mad. But..." He pauses, getting all of 'Ansem's' previous endeavours in shrouding the worlds in Darkness out of his head. "But you saved Kairi right? I have to be grateful for that. Thanks." 

A silence ensues as the man doesn't spare anyone a glance. Well, that's what I thought. He turns to look at me as if expecting something. I wanted to ask him a question, in fact. But I didn't have the courage to as he then decides to walk away. But suddenly, Kairi runs towards him and latches onto his arm- much to everyone's surprise, and yells. 

"Riku, don't go!" My head immediately begins to spin. Did she really say 'Riku' or was it just my imagination? It seemed to be that I wasn't the only one who heard her say those words, too.

"Kairi, what did you just say?" And she repeated it. However, the so-called, 'Riku', quickly objected it as if what she said was a lie. I almost believed him, but a part of me was in denial and trusted Kairi's words. 

"Riku?" I murmur to myself, hands trembling as I force myself to hold back.

"Sora, come here. Say something to him." Kairi turns to me. "You too, [Y/N]." I immediately shake my head, scared to get my hopes up. However, I'm not given a choice as Sora takes my arm to follow behind him. As we make our way towards the two, 'Riku' avoids my gaze, contributing even more to my already-aching heart. "Here, you'll understand." Kairi separates our arms and places our hands on 'Riku's'. "Close your eyes." And that's what we did. 

At first, I could only see darkness, but after a brief moment, I was able to make out the figure of Riku's silhouette. Then, I could see his face, his silvery locks, and a glimpse of his beautiful eyes. He was looking down at me, smiling. All I wanted to do was break down there and then, finally coming to the realisation that Riku was the one who kept giving us hints during our journey. When I reopened my eyes, Sora was already down on his knees, shedding tears as he kept going on about how much he looked for him. 

"C'mon, Sora. You've got to pull it together." Riku reassures with his usual voice. I quickly back away in awe, standing idly by as I watch the two have a/an (one-sided) emotional reunion. The corners of my lips twitch upwards, urging me to smile and to run into his arms again. I simply didn't want to ruin their moment, so I decided to back off. That's when Riku switches his gaze to meet my glistening eyes after Sora finished crying. I immediately felt paralysed and quickly looked towards Kairi and the others for help. They merely nodded, and now the only thing I could think to do was to run into his arms.

And that's exactly what I did. 

I ran into his arms with such intensity I almost felt him fall back. "[Y/N]..!" 

"Riku, don't scare me like that!" I scold, voice breaking. I allow my arms to warp around his waist, tightly clenching on the leathery fabric of his coat. His arms make its way around my back, returning the intimate gesture. "I'm so glad we found you... I'm so glad I found you! Don't you dare disappear on us or I swear- I will smack you so hard you won't be able to see the light of day ever again!" Riku chuckles at my attempt of threatening. I wasn't being serious to begin with, I just didn't want him to think it's best to do things on his own. He tends to be like that, sometimes. 

"All right, all right. You win, [Y/N]. Don't worry, I don't plan to run away now that I know you guys accept me for who I am." I gasp, looking up at him. 

"Why wouldn't we, you idiot?! You're still Riku no matter what! Just because you're in the body of some maniac doesn't make you any different." The others laugh, even Riku as he gazes down at me, lovingly. 

"Thanks, [Y/N]. I needed that." He smiles, pushing me further in for a more intimate hug as the others cheered on. 

-

phewww I feel like I add way too many unnecessary moments in these oneshots, but I hope this is enough X)
I'm also really bad at writing relationships that aren't platonic. I wasn't sure if you wanted a platonic or intimate relationship so I wrote this in a way it can be interpreted as either. 

Apologies for any grammatical errors. (Please point them out if you find any!)