healing old wounds

Start from the beginning

Tubbo.

---

"You're hindering yourself, Wil." Techno mentioned, his cape unclipped and thrown over a chair, stretching over Wilbur's bed.

Wilbur looked up from his spot on the floor, sitting up to get a better view of Technoblade. He scrunched his nose at seeing Technoblade's boots get dirt on his bed.

"Get your nasty feet off my bed."

"Nah," Technoblade breathed, smiling. "Not like you're using it anyway."

"Ew."

Technoblade laughed, but his smile faded. "You ignored what I said."

"No I didn't," Wilbur replied, "What do ya mean, 'hindering myself'?"

"You remember what I said to you a couple days ago, about your memories?"

Wilbur thought for a second before it dawned on him. "Oh, about how I might have forgotten because I do it on purpose?"

"Yeah."

"I've been getting better at that, though. I've been remembering."

"You have?" Techno asked, turning his head to look at Wilbur on the floor. "Where are you at?"

"Um," Wilbur murmured, rubbing his head, "I remember what happened at the festival."

Technoblade lurched up, his eyes drilling into Wilbur.

Wilbur tried to ignore how his fist clenched, and how he remembered Technoblade executing Tubbo, fireworks filling his memory's vision.

"After that," Wilbur persisted, nervousness piling in his gut, "I don't remember."

Technoblade sighed, and swung his feet off the bed, his heavy boots hitting the floor with a thunk. "If you want...I can forcibly trigger those for you."

"My memories?"

Technoblade nodded. "I didn't want to do it when I first found out, when I took your hand that day at the campsite. You weren't ready then."

He sat down cross-legged on the floor next to Wilbur. "But if you want me to, I can pull the rest from your subconscious."

"...how are you able to do that?" Wilbur asked, sitting up and crossing his legs as well to mirror his brother.

"Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to." Technoblade replied, holding out his palms.

"Oh, of course, I should have known." Wilbur sighed exasperatedly, clasping his hands in Technoblade's own, careful not to accidentally pass through Technoblade's fingers.

"It might cause discomfort." Technoblade mumbled as his large hand ghosted over Wilbur's small fingers. "....or pain."

"I'm ready." Wilbur confirmed, nodding.

"Okay." Technoblade responded after a span of silence, almost waiting for Wilbur to go back on his word. "Close your eyes and relax."