A day off

(A/N) Thank y'all so much for the comments!!! I'm really happy you like the story!!

Why did my errened boy always take so long? It wasn't like the jobs were that hard or anything. I thought to myself annoyed.

Bang! I jumped surprised to see Henry on the other side of the glass a stupid grin on his face. "Hey angel I'm here for my punishment."

For some reason he seemed happy which really ticked me off. "Wipe that stupid grin off your face it looks like you're being possessed by the ink demon." I snapped.

His face fell. "It can possess people?!" "Yes, if you really must know."

"Now for that punishment, should I rip you apart to my heart's delight? Torture you?" Henry rolled his eyes for some reason, but I pretend not to notice. "The choices of the beautiful are unbearable."

"You know what errand boy?" "What?" He sassed, clearly uninterested. "You get a day off."

He blinked. "Amn't I supposed to be punished?" "Do you want it or not?!" He was really starting to push my limits.

"Of course...it's just a weird thing for you to do." I mocked offense. "Can't an angel be good?"

Henry snorted. "Not here." But left anyway. I smiled. Time to put my plan into action.

Ignoring the twitching body of a butcher gang member strapped to my table, I headed to my office. "Now, let's see what you're up to, little errand boy."

I clicked the mouse bringing the ancient computer to life, displaying several areas of the studio at once.

Sitting down I scrolled through the many different areas until I found Henry.

Oddly Henry wasn't frantically searching for an exit but simply taking a stroll around the studio. His mouth was moving so I turned up the volume hoping to catch what he was saying.

"Why is everyone acting so weird?" He said to himself. "First the demon then the angel. Lemme guess, Boris hates my guts now?"

I groaned as he walked into the area that I had no cameras in. Looks like I have to use what I've already got.

What is he talking about? I thought. 'First the demon then the angel.' What did we have in common? All I did was give him a day off...Unless...

I grinned. So the demon's fond of Henry now, huh? Lets see how much.

......

Someone walks into the room waking me up but I pretend to still be sleeping. Shifting slightly I tried to see who had been unfortunate enough to walk in on the ink demon 'sleeping'.

Henry was.

He walks into the room casually but the second he sees me he freezes.

A part of me dies when he does that and I have no idea why.

Instead of running out of the room like any sane person would do, he carefully steps closer as if to confirm I was actually sleeping.

I almost burst out laughing when he did this. His face so-o-o serious.

Seeming content with the fact that I looked asleep he just kept staring.

"Who knew the ink demon could look so peaceful." He hummed. "Almost makes me want to take a nap."

I couldn't help myself anymore this was killing me. I grabbed his hand. I don't want him to leave like last time. "And you're not going to?"

He looks scared out of his mind but manages. "You were watching that?" "Every second, Henny."

Henry looks from me to his axe as if wondering how much damage it could deal but I don't mind.

I would probably be scared too.

"I won't bite." I tease, hoping it covers up the hope in my voice. A moment of uncertainty settles over him, but he hesitantly nods.

I pull him into the couch beside me faster than I probably should have. He yelps, clearly surprised but doesn't try to escape.

He's tense, but after he realizes this isn't some horrible trap the monster set up, he relaxes a bit, making me smile.

I draped an inky arm over Henry pulling him against my side experimentally.

He smells good. Like ink and old paper. Kinda like the studio.

I sighed, sinking deeper into the couch suddenly ashamed.

What the heck was wrong with me? Why did killing Henry not make me happy anymore? Why did I want to clobber him in a hug?

'Cuz I do. I replied to my own thoughts.

May as well enjoy him while he isn't screaming and running away from me.

Wrapping my tail around his shoes I play with his fluffy brown hair.

There's a lot of ink on it but I don't care. Nothing here's perfect. And that's just how I like it.

"Are you purring?" Henry asks, suddenly catching me off guard. Whoops..

"Sorry." I mumble, a gray tinge appearing on my cheeks, feeling dumb as a rock.

I was so happy about Henry being here with me. I guess I got a bit carried away.

He chuckles. "I don't mind." He leans gently against me as if testing the limits.

'How close can ya get before the ink demon pops your head off?' I think.

I don't mind though, and let his shoulder sink slightly into mine. I lay down next to him again.

We lay there for a while in comfortable silence before Henry yawns and says. "Y'know, you're actually pretty cute when you're not killing everyone, Bendy."

Henry falls asleep next to me, his face still pressed against my shoulder. And it looks adorable.

I don't think I want this moment to ever end.