• • •

In the quite street in the French Quarter, there was a crowd of witches. They stood, kneel and crouch sadly around the body of their fallen friend, Jane-Anne. The body lied on the ground, obviously dead, with blood on its neck. There were some flowers and candles around the corpse. Sophie Deveraux sat near her sister, weeping silently. All of the witches looked depressed.

Elijah and Sabine, the witch tour guide, appeared. Elijah was truly shocked. They stopped a few hundred meters away from the mourning witches.

"That's Jane-Anne?" Elijah asked Sabine in shock. "Killed in public for anyone to find..." he trailed.

"Only people that come around here are the witches. Now her sister has come to take her body. Her spirit can't rest until it's been properly interred in the cemetery." Sabine told him.

"Please tell me that my brother had nothing to do with this." Elijah prayed.

"No. Jane-Anne died because she got caught doing magic." Sabine answered.

"What do you mean she got caught doing magic?" he asked confused. She was about to answer when she was interrupted by a loud whistle.

"You wanna know who killed Jane-Anne? You're about to get your first glimpse of Marcel in action." she said panicking.

"The vampire Marcel?" he asked in shock one more time. He didn't know Marcel was alive from Klaus, let alone he far he had become.

"Things have changed since your family left town. Marcel has changed." Sabine told him. just then, vampires approached the witches.

"I'm asking you, stay hidden. If Marcel finds out that a witch lured the Originals back into town, my people will be slaughtered." She pleaded Elijah.

Elijah complied and vamp speeds to a spot on a balcony, so he was hidden in the shadows. But someone other than Marcel caught his eyes. Machae was there with an unfamiliar lady besides her, walking along with Marcel as if she was part of them.

"Well, well, well, what have we here? I gotta tell you Soph, this street corner is not proving the luckiest spot for your family tonight. Not a day ago, we had to teach your sister a little lesson." Marcel mocked Sophie.

He turned to Machae. "You want to see Jane-Anne? There she is." He pointed to the dead body.

Both Machae and Iz was shocked to see her dead body left in the street. Though, only Machae succeeded to conceal it.

Machae had performed a public execution before but she never left the body in the street.

Sophie glanced at Machae but she focused back on Marcel. "We're putting her to rest Marcel. Leave us alone."

Iz excused herself to Machae saying the company called her. Machae nodded in understanding before focusing back to the scene in front of her.

All the vampires and witches were now gathered at the body watching the interaction between Marcel and Sophie in tense.

But Machae felt like there was someone lurking in the dark watching the show as well. After years of being a mercenary killer, called it an instinct.

Using her vamp-sight, she scanned the buildings and there she found Elijah already staring at her.

Seeing him there, reminded her of Kol's death and reignite the fury she buried and kept to herself all this time.

She glared hard at him before turning to Marcel and Sophie again.

"I never said you could move the body. Matter of fact, I left her here for a reason: send a message." Marcel walked around facing everyone. "If anybody is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion, my rules state that witches can't practice magic in the Quarter and yet a little birdy informed me that Jane-Anne was cooking up something magically delicious." He turned to Sophie. "Oh, yeah. While I have you, quick Q&A. My old friend – the hybrid, Klaus – he just happened to show up out of the blue asking for, of all people, Jane-Anne. Any idea why?"