Ch. 4 Part 2- Introductions Cont.

Depuis le début

"And I thank you as well. You are the first person I have trusted in a long time. I consider you a friend now though I forget what that exactly means..."

Percy laughed at how awkward his friend was acting. He pulled Sev into a hug, ignoring how the man stiffened, unsure what to do. "You are my friend too Sev. I'm truly grateful to have you here. If ever you need someone to talk to, someone to support you, or just someone to listen, I'm always there. Slowly but surely I will show you what a true friend is as we become them. Now get going, I'm pretty sure you have a desk of paperwork waiting for you." Snape lifted the corner of his lip in the ghost of a smile but grew serious as he eyed the setting sun and remembered the lesson plans he had to complete. 

"We will see each other at Hogwarts next we meet. Do not think I will go easy on you because of our relationship. I will be ruthless."

"I wouldn't expect any less from you. Goodbye my friend." Snape nodded his farewell before he vanished with a slight POP! and misty gust of air. Percy walked past their practice field and started heading towards the house in the distance. He took his time, looking up as Zoe's constellation began to shine into view.

Harry's P.O.V.

Damn you Dumbledore I thought as I lifted my soaked shoes from the marsh. I uselessly shook them, grimacing as I felt a liquid sludge around my socks. I looked around, eyeing the marsh I landed in and the tall reeds surrounding me. Beyond that I could see the large grassy field where the Weasley house stood. The lights were on, thankfully, showing me where I had to go. 

As I walked into the field, I noticed these dark scorch marks and gouges in the ground. It looked like a brush fire had been started in random places and a giant's golf club had struck the ground. It looked chaotic and it made my stomach churn with uneasiness.  My flash here and meeting with Professor Slughorn didn't help. 

As the house came into view, I saw Ginny sitting in the window reading a book. She looked peaceful, her face in gentle concentration as she flipped the page. Her slim and slender body was covered in a long, dark green shirt and some dark pants. She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked so cute. I shook my head as that thought came to me. This is Ron's baby sister, I can't be wooing her! It isn't appropriate....but she looks so beautiful...no Harry, no. She is your sister and friend, nothing more. I took a deep breath and walked inside.

"Is that an owl I heard?"

"You haven't seen him have you? Apparently he is wandering about the house."

"Really?"

"Really" I replied. 

"Harry!" 

Ginny ran from around the corner and stopped when she saw me. Wow she's grown up beautiful. She smiled and I couldn't stop from smiling back. She ran into my arms and hugged me. I embraced her back, savoring every moment I had in her embrace. Her hair smelled like vanilla and cinnamon and was smooth against my hands. After a few moments, we awkwardly moved apart. I still held onto her shoulder, unsure what our hug meant and what I should do. Nice going Harry. Real smooth. 

"Harry!" Hermione called. She ran in between Ginny and I, grabbing me in for a hug before moving aside for Ron. 

"What a lovely surprise!" Molly said as she pulled me in for a hug. "Why didn't you let us know you were coming?"

"I didn't know. Dumbldore..." That was explanation enough. 

"Oh that man! He's been giving us surprise guests all week now. But then what would we do without him?" I smiled at her and then looked back at my three friends behind her. Ron was awkwardly touching Hermione's face, motioning to the toothpaste by her lip. She nervously laughed and wiped it away.