ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

Start from the beginning

Qaeus carefully laid her down the floor. She placed her head on his arms and carefully tried to shake her.

___

"This is so pointless. There's nothing here anyone can attempt to hide!" Laudemer exclaimed, he looks obviously exhausted.

"Well we should check the other room!" Skye suggested and the other immediately agreed.

They walked out of the room not thinking of what could have happened to the other two.

They went to the next door and tried to enter but it won't open.

"It's stucked!" Skye said and moved away for Laudemer to try.

The door seemed to be really stuck. So he started kicking it. And after five tries, the door finally opened but he almost fell if it wasn't for Skye who grabbed his waist to pull him back.

The room had nothing in it. There wasn't a floor at all. And if Skye hadn't stop him from walking in, he would have fell down back to the first floor of the building.

"T-thanks!" Laudemer could only whisper while trying to stable his breathing.

"No problem!" The girl replied.

"I don't think they're here!" Laudemer said and immediately closed the door.

He walked to the last one assuming the other two hasn't been there yet.

The door isn't stuck like the other. So they easily made their way in.

"Yatch!!!" Skye immediately bellowed the girl's name before she can attempt to take her own life.

The two immediately ran to the girl. Laudemer snatching the knife and threw it away in the process.

Skye immediately held on to her friend and began checking her. She was sobbing.

"What are you doing!? Why would you try to kill yourself!!?" Skye yelled at her face in fury.

She pulled the girl closer and engulfed her to a tight hug. She stroked her head to calm her down but Yatch remained sobbing. Her eyes staring directly as if she's in a trance.

"Yatch! Please talk to me! Tell me you're alright please!" Skye cried.

Laudemer decided to carry Yatch whose reaction did not even alter. They went to the first door where they assume the other two are.

They were surprised to see Qaelust. She seems to be acting the same way like Yatch. But the mumbling and the black lines on her face states the difference.

"Yatch!? Oh my God!" Selene immediately run to them to check her friend.

Knowing she's probably met the same fate as Qaelust, Selene chosed to come to Skye to calm her down as she was also crying.

"Qaeus. How is she?" Laudemer asked but didn't get any response from the boy.

He's just silently sitting there with the girl on his arms. Whispering inaudible things to the girl.

"Can we go now please!!? Get us out of here!" Selene cried to Laudemer and the latter nodded his head.

Qaeus finally looked at them. He carried the girl in bridal style. Same like Laudemer with Yatch.
They walked out of the building while Selene dialed Craeian on her phone.

"We found the girls! Get out of there now!" She said first thing as soon as Craeian answered.

"We're not at the garden anymore. Come to the Admin Office. Be careful of the students. They're currently changing shifts. Some of the student councils are also in patrol. Make sure you arrive here unseen!" Craeian said. His voice sounded hoarse.

Selene put the call on speaker so the others heard Craeian's instructions.

"That's impossible! You have no idea what happened to the girls!" Laudemer exclaimed.

"No! Craeian is right!" Skye said to him and nodded at the older girl.

"We'll do as you said!" Selene said before she ended the call.

"He's right. No matter how big deal the situation that we are in right now! We need to make sure we won't start another unnecessary rumor!" Selene said as they exchange looks with each other.

Skye and Selene served as their lookouts. Whenever there were students, they will try to distract them or shoo them away.

It was hard given that some of the student council wouldn't go easy on them.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.