"You are supposed to start college in a couple of days, you know," Angie shrugged, reminding her, "Pretty sure they have some sober policy in college."

The Bernard girl rose to her feet, slowly rubbing the back of her head, "Well, then I guess college will have to wait till next year or decade."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Yeah, I don't like what I heard," Lina spoke back, shaking her head, "All of this, is way too much, even for Stefan. You are done. Cut off. No more."

Angelina added, folding her arms together, "Yeah, finito."

Charlotte turned to them, raising an unimpressed eyebrow, "Sorry, I missed the handout where you two became my parents. Leave, you don't tell me when I am done."

"This is self-destructive."

"Nobody judged you when you were miserable over Elijah even though you are the one that left," Charlotte shot back, sitting down on her bed and crossing her legs together, "But somehow, I have become a charity case for partying and drinking. You are a hypocrite, Lina."

Angelina sat down beside Charlotte slowly before patting her shoulder, "Nobody is calling you a charity case. We want you to have fun, but this is clearly not fun. You are barely ever sober."

She shrugged her shoulders, "I am sober now."

"You just woke up, and you have a hangover."

Charlotte rolled her eyes, sitting back in bed before laying down and pulling the blanket over her head, "Tell that cute guy from earlier to come back later."

"What guy?"

She pulled a pillow to her chest, murmuring, "He is tall and speaks Spanish."

"Everyone here speaks Spanish."

"Yeah, that's so weird," Charlotte commented before dozing off.

❃❃❃

Lina insisted that they were leaving tomorrow, first thing in the morning, and as Charlotte was now sober and slightly more aware of her actions, she didn't put up much of an argument. Yup, that was their last night in Costa Rica, and she wasn't allowed a single drink. Angelina stood in front of the entrance and compelled every human going inside not to offer her petite friend a drink.

She pointed her out as Charlotte waved, yes, zero subtlety.

"Well, go on, dance. It's your last night here."

Charlotte crossed her arms, leaning against the bar, "How can I? You compelled everyone to stay away from me."

Angelina pulled her drink away from her lips to correct her, "Not true. I just asked them nicely to keep any alcoholic drinks away from you."

"How come you get to drink?"

"I am old enough. You are not," She pointed out as Charlotte scoffed, "Char, underage drinking is a serious crime."

"I am a century and a half old. I am quite literally overage."

"You died at seventeen," Lina shrugged her shoulders, "Sorry, we don't make the rules." The Bernard girl turned to her, not very amused by this, "Oh, don't pout now, Cher. It's cute, but it doesn't erase your recent behavior."

Charlotte blinked, shaking her head, "I didn't kill or compel anyone."

"Yeah, you just slept with anyone who has legs," The older vampire countered, sipping on her vodka, "Did you even check them for STDs?"