Chapter 1

The picture above is Tessa Bree Black and James Sirius Potter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TESSA'S POV~

"Tessa! James! Albus! Lilly! It's time to go to Diagon Ally! We're leaving in 2 minutes, with or without you!" Daddy yelled upstairs. I ran out of my room and hit something hard and fell.

"Owww! Did I run into a wall again?!" I said and looked up. I saw green eyes and unruly black hair and cheeky smile. A.K.A., my crush , James Potter, son of the boy-who-lived who also killed Voldemort. Harry and Ginny raised me so I call them Mum and Daddy.

"I know I'm rock solid but you could have just asked me if you wanted to prove it." He said and my cheeks turned a deep red and I looked away.

"Cocky much? Can you carry me downstairs?" I asked with my puppy dog eyes and his mask melted away. His mask is never around when I'm with him. He generally acts like a troublemaker and rude person but he is the most responsible person I know. He may be a third year and I a second year at Hogwarts, but we're best friends. We don't have very many close friend besides our cousins, siblings (in his case), and our dorm mates. Lily is going into her first year and Al is going to be in second year with me. James, Al, and I are all in Gryffindor. We hope Lily will be too.

He rolled his eyes, "Of course my princess. Do you need anything else? A horse drawn carriage? A gown? A prince?" He said seriously looking into my eyes. Did he just look at me when he said that?! Time for some taunting. I shot him a flirty grin and then he swept me off my feet, literally and I put my arms around his neck and snuggled into his chest. We walked down the stairs. "Announcing Princess Tessa and her prince, James." He said without thinking and I looked shocked and blushed madly. I'm thinking he actually likes me. But he's my best friend, how could he like me like that? I'll think of that later.

"Her prince?" Daddy asked. James realized what he said and blushed, looking like a tomato.

"Um..... Where are Al and Lily?" He asked avoiding Dad's gaze. Daddy gave him a we'll-talk-about-this-later look. I laughed and snuggled into James and his grip tightened around me, protecting me. "Tess and I are ready to go."

"Obviously you two are ready. They are probably upstairs. HURRY UP! WE'RE LEAVING!" Mum yelled making me jump and James held me tighter.

"It's ok. Just Mum and her Weasley roots again." James said smiling at me and I felt instantly better. I heard feet running down the stairs. James turned around and I saw Lily and Al at the bottom of the stairs. Lily looked happy but Al was glaring at James. I wonder why?

"I see you two are comfy." Al said still angry. I shook it off and climbed out of James arms and went into the living room and grabbed some floo powder.

"Tess, have someone go with you." Mum said in her mother hen voice.

"Ok. Who wants to go with me?" I asked looking at Lily but Daddy was jumping up and down like a little kid and his arm in the air. I laughed at him and he stopped and wrapped an arm around Mum. James walked over to me and stopped by me, grabbing my hand before stepping into the fireplace.

"Diagon Alley!!" James shouted loud and clear and wrapped an arm around my waist, tugging me towards him. As the flames surrounded us, I looked at Al and he looked sadly at me but then his expression quickly turned to anger when he looked at his brother. I felt the familiar feeling of the Floo network. Then everything went black.